Shopping Discussion

any websites which accept itunes gift cards for trade/cash?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 10:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1036 posts
265 upvotes

any websites which accept itunes gift cards for trade/cash?

My kids have a bunch of "App Store & iTunes" gift cards - seems like most/all card swap websites don't take them? Anyone know of one that does?
10 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13633 posts
179043 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Just sell it for cash (on Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace), you can always meet them at an Apple store to confirm the gift card or regifted it to someone that uses them.

Ju Leon...
Dec 6, 2018
86 posts
45 upvotes
I'm sure there are some scam/shady websites that may take them, but this is just begging to get ripped off somehow.
Any reputable retailer/seller shouldn't be taking gift cards as payment.
Jan 29, 2017
164 posts
134 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I think there's a few Facebook groups that trade/swap gift cards for ones that you will use. *shrug*
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22290 posts
20910 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Just sell it for cash (on Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace), you can always meet them at an Apple store to confirm the gift card or regifted it to someone that uses them.

Ju Leon...
Like this idea of doing the transaction with the buyer @ an Apple Store
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14430 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: RFDers go crazy when Costco sells them for 20% off. If you are willing to part with them for that amount, post in BST I’m sure you’ll find a buyer. I have all I need at the moment.
You'd probably have to go lower though. Why buy for 20% off from some random stranger when you can get a 100% working card from a reputable retailer?
I thought the general trade was 20% off face value too so you'd probably have to go as low as 40% to really get rid of it.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22290 posts
20910 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: You'd probably have to go lower though. Why buy for 20% off from some random stranger when you can get a 100% working card from a reputable retailer?
I thought the general trade was 20% off face value too so you'd probably have to go as low as 40% to really get rid of it.
Ya, except now the only folks who can get the Discount @ Costco is PAID Costco Members
Since they closed out Costco.ca to NON MEMBERS

These ALWAYS DISCOUNTED iTunes GCs online @ Costco.ca were always more expensive ($ 5 more ? )
Than they were in the Warehouse

And definitely a GREAT BUY when they’d go ON SALE a few times a year

Rare to find them elsewhere at anytime / promo at 20% off ($ 100 for around $ 80 )
Most other places on discount is 10% of 15% less

So there is definitely a market for reselling them
Now more that ever ... seeing as Costco.ca closed their loophole to non members
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14430 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Ya, except now the only folks who can get the Discount @ Costco is PAID Costco Members
I still don't know why I recommend costco because there's already too many damn people, but I still can't figure out why everyone doesn't have a membership...

If you have an addiction to p2w games, iTunes cards alone could pay your membership.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14734 posts
19612 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: I still don't know why I recommend costco because there's already too many damn people
For me, Costco shopping has been more enjoyable with fewer people inside ever since COVID started. I hope it stays this way.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14430 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: For me, Costco shopping has been more enjoyable with fewer people inside ever since COVID started. I hope it stays this way.
Yeah that ship sailed like 2 months ago....
It's worse than it was pre covid IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)