Shopping Discussion

Anybody been able to order Lysol wipes from costco.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2021 3:11 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
831 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal

Anybody been able to order Lysol wipes from costco.ca?

Every time the Costco.ca has shown the Lysol wipes to be in stock, I ordered 1 only to have the order cancelled 3 minutes later.

This has happened more than 10 times already. Most of the times the item is out of stock.

Anyone successful?
84 replies
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1042 upvotes
I can't get anything to ship to my postal code right now off their website
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2083 posts
507 upvotes
In Hiding
Some non perishable grocery items are shown, but as soon as I try to add them to my cart they disappear. Not sure if it's not in stock anywhere, or not shippable in my area. I'm not even requesting 2 day delivery, just adding to cart.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Catnippy wrote: Some non perishable grocery items are shown, but as soon as I try to add them to my cart they disappear. Not sure if it's not in stock anywhere, or not shippable in my area. I'm not even requesting 2 day delivery, just adding to cart.
Again, I think the problem is regional
(wherever you are / Postal Code Distribution Centre)

I was just on the website
Did a check for you

My Postal Code:

TP was in stock right now
And I could easily order a pkg (limit 1 per order )
Kleenex was also in stock
As was Bounty PT (also a limit of 1 pkg per order )
Lysol Wipes currently out of stock here in Eastern Ontario (Postal Code “K” )

All in stock items could be loaded into my cart
And ready for payment
Although I didn’t take it that far

So what you are seeing could be a computer glitch
Or just local overload

In other news ...

Got an email from Costco this AM
My order is now in process / being filled
And will be on its way soon
No mention of anything being out of stock
(I imagine the Distribution Centre ... has a record of how much of what is put ON HOLD for orders logged in the system

I placed my order last Friday
At the time they said 7 - 8 Days days
So pretty much on the schedule

Will report back when it arrives
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14708 posts
27682 upvotes
Scarborough
Wipes are the one thing I've been out of for weeks now and I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere. I've been checking Costco.ca fairly regularly but haven't had any luck at all. I've got 2 on backorder at Amazon but who knows when those are going to ship.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
831 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
Today, I noticed the item is back in stock and I placed an order. Usually I wait for the cancel email that shows up 3 minutes later. No cancel email 5 hours later. Hoping this gets delivered in the next few days
. Montreal area.
Jul 25, 2019
359 posts
145 upvotes
I've been trying to get some of these in Toronto. Damm near seems impossible. I did get a pack in my Loblaws order a few weeks back but those have now run out...
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1386 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
I also have not been able to find Lysol wipes in the GTA. What are people using as an alternative?
Jul 25, 2019
359 posts
145 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: I also have not been able to find Lysol wipes in the GTA. What are people using as an alternative?

I actually saw some in stock at the Canadian Tire on Yonge and Dundas earlier this week on their website... but didn't feel like trucking down there. Think you just gotta keep looking until they show up..

Edit: seeing these available for order on Amazon, although who knows when they will ship..

https://www.amazon.ca/Green-Works-Clean ... hpc&sr=1-6
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1386 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
beancounter6 wrote: I actually saw some in stock at the Canadian Tire on Yonge and Dundas earlier this week on their website... but didn't feel like trucking down there. Think you just gotta keep looking until they show up..

Edit: seeing these available for order on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Green-Works-Clean ... hpc&sr=1-6
Thanks. I saw those on Amazon too but it doesn't seem like those wipes are antibacterial?
Jul 25, 2019
359 posts
145 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Thanks. I saw those on Amazon too but it doesn't seem like those wipes are antibacterial?
Hah you might be right. I've actually been using these at the office for the past year and a bit, never occurred to me that they weren't anti bacterial.....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7373 posts
987 upvotes
Ottawa
I've always assumed "green" means "doesn't work as well"....
Jul 25, 2019
359 posts
145 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: I've always assumed "green" means "doesn't work as well"....
Haha fair. I took a look at the ingredients, there is corn based ethanol, so I think there is some disinfecting element, although probably not as good as Lysol wipes.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1929 posts
536 upvotes
redflag5050 wrote: Today, I noticed the item is back in stock and I placed an order. Usually I wait for the cancel email that shows up 3 minutes later. No cancel email 5 hours later. Hoping this gets delivered in the next few days
. Montreal area.
Same here. I was expecting it to get canceled within minutes like it was a dozen times before, but 6 hours later, still not canceled. Fingers crossed!
Feb 27, 2014
299 posts
60 upvotes
If you can't buy those lysol wipes, then buy a bottle of alcohol and cotton swabs/gauze rolls. Use the cotton swabs or gauze rolls with alcohol to disinfect.

Or you can buy a bottle of Dettol. Dettol contains Chloroxylenol. Mix the Dettol with water and use it to disinfect.
Chloroxylenol is an antiseptic and disinfectant which is used for skin disinfection and cleaning surgical instruments. It is also used within a number of household disinfectants and wound cleaners.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
yesnomaybe wrote: I also have not been able to find Lysol wipes in the GTA. What are people using as an alternative?
Chlorine bleach ... cheap and effective.

Just be smart with it and don’t get it on you / your clothes.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13485 posts
4009 upvotes
RFD
Been using soap and water in a spray bottle and pack of napkins to wipe down/wipe off.
Feb 11, 2003
671 posts
98 upvotes
Buy the large concentrated bottle of Lysol multipurpose cleaner (Costco $10 or so). Dilute 60ml or as indicated into a 1L spray bottle and use paper towels or cloths to wipe down. One bottle makes tons of diluted spray.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
831 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered Lysols on April 1st. Just received email telling me my 2 day delivery will ship on the 11th.
Dec 26, 2012
869 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
redflag5050 wrote: Ordered Lysols on April 1st. Just received email telling me my 2 day delivery will ship on the 11th.
Super jealous