Computers & Electronics

Anybody ever bought computer from B&H Photo in the USA? What are the duties/taxes like?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 11:47 am
[OP]
Sep 18, 2018
89 posts
21 upvotes

Anybody ever bought computer from B&H Photo in the USA? What are the duties/taxes like?

B&H Photo

That's their link. Have you ever bought here or from other US retailer? I want to know what fees/taxes/duties are charged on top of the sale price. Are you aware of any warranty issues when buying from the US?

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21254 posts
7663 upvotes
Toronto
B&H has an option that will calculate the duties, taxes, shipping, and brokerage, and it's all paid up front.

Just put something in your cart and choose that option to see how much it will all cost.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20785 posts
6259 upvotes
GTA
There are no surprises if you let BH calculate the duties and fees. If there is, contact them and they will take care of you.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6081 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
I believe they have 2 options. One is to prepay at checkout and the other is to see if and what they charge you at the door if you opt not to prepay. Better to just prepay and not worry.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29357 posts
14855 upvotes
mahava wrote: Are you aware of any warranty issues when buying from the US?
Depends on what you're buying.
Some manufacturers are fiercely protective of their territory so warranty will have to be done out of the US only.
Not really a huge issue with all the forwarding places that exist nowadays.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2018
89 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks to everyone who replied