Careers

anybody know about Target Canada head office?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2012 5:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
900 posts
220 upvotes

anybody know about Target Canada head office?

Hi, I've got a phone interview with Target Canada head office. Does anyone work there or know what the company is like?
15 replies
Sep 23, 2011
86 posts
38 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I went to an on campus networking event back in September. I believe they were promoting their Business Analyst and Buyer positions for the most part...but I can't really remember. I just know it was geared towards new grads as it was a campus event. What position are you interviewing for?

I didn't end up applying for their new grad opportunities. After listening to the employees speak, I didn't feel as though it was a place that I wanted to work at--not totally sure why but I was a bit put off/uninterested after attending the information session. They brought up about 10 people all from the US for the event. The person who was speaking for most of the time was someone high up with Target Canada. They really put an emphasis on the Target concept being about HER shopping experience and what SHE wants. Their strategy in the US has been to "target" your mom, and cater to her shopping needs since they assume mom does all the shopping for the household. I didn't find that to be necessarily true, because I for one do the groceries at home for my parents--and I'm a male in my early 20s. That's partially what put me off because I sort of felt that there was a real disconnect between Target's strategy and how they planned to be successful in Canada.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents and what I know about Target based on my personal experience.
Sep 18, 2011
362 posts
40 upvotes
AURORA
I am close to where the Target office is.

They are located on Matheson and Orbitor/Solar drive in Mississauga.

In terms of the company, from what I heard its pretty new in Canada so they have some influence from HBC (Hudson Bay Company) but it seems like a well funded, well equiped, well strategized start up...... Everything they do now (hiring, planning, etc...) is in the begining stages... basically they arent working for today but rather for 2013 and beyond......

Would it be good?
Being the 2nd biggest rival to Wal Mart...Wal Mart is huuuuuuuuge... they may not have enough u's in huge but they are still up there :)
Jun 8, 2008
690 posts
88 upvotes
got the full job interview with them this coming Friday at Target head office in Sauga.

its a full day interview with two shadowing sessions from a Business Analyst and one from a Manager. I will be getting interviewed by a Senior Buyers

the whole interview process will take place b/w 12:45 to 5:15 with a Q&A session and a Mixer in there as well.

and the pay is pretty good starting off for the position of Business Analyst that I am getting interviewed for. $50K plus all of the growth when the US managers leave and go back to the States.
Legen...wait for it...dary.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33225 posts
6903 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
The actual address is

5570 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, ON

It is close to the 427 and Eglinton for those that commute.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1227 posts
201 upvotes
They want Target zombies. You will either have the personality to fit in, or you won't.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4104 posts
919 upvotes
koreancabbage wrote: got the full job interview with them this coming Friday at Target head office in Sauga.

its a full day interview with two shadowing sessions from a Business Analyst and one from a Manager. I will be getting interviewed by a Senior Buyers

the whole interview process will take place b/w 12:45 to 5:15 with a Q&A session and a Mixer in there as well.

and the pay is pretty good starting off for the position of Business Analyst that I am getting interviewed for. $50K plus all of the growth when the US managers leave and go back to the States.

congrats, a buddy of mine is going to be there this friday as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
178 upvotes
Hello,

A friend wants to know how to commute their via transit. Any idea on the closest subway station + bus combination?

Also, anyone get to the offer stage?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1708 posts
743 upvotes
Abel4Life wrote: Hello,

A friend wants to know how to commute their via transit. Any idea on the closest subway station + bus combination?

Also, anyone get to the offer stage?

Just put the address in Google Maps:
5570 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, ON

Then put where you are Starting from........then click the 'BUS' ICON
It will show you how to get there

In a nutshell:
Looks like you get off at the Islington Subway Station
Then take the Number 35 bus
BUT then you have to WALK about 15 minutes to get to their Head Office

I would apply, get the interview, then ASK a FRIEND to take you.
LESS STRESS!
Mar 8, 2012
5 posts
MISSISSAUGA
I have an interview there next week and was wondering if anyone who currently works there could give some pros and cons about the company.

I am coming from another retail company working in the merchandising/buying department and its quite stresful here. I am not sure what to expect from Target as it is a new company in Canada.
Apr 9, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
Does any know what other positions are they hiring for? thanks for the address
Feb 22, 2004
816 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
judylames wrote: Does any know what other positions are they hiring for? thanks for the address

try clicking on their carreers page, full listing of openings available there
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4104 posts
919 upvotes
swweeetkisses wrote: I have an interview there next week and was wondering if anyone who currently works there could give some pros and cons about the company.

I am coming from another retail company working in the merchandising/buying department and its quite stresful here. I am not sure what to expect from Target as it is a new company in Canada.

check out glassdoor, should be somewhat similar environment if anything.
Oct 17, 2003
407 posts
34 upvotes
Etobicoke
Anybody here work here please pm me