Home & Garden

anybody replaced Ryobi tool carbon brushes?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 5:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1724 posts
303 upvotes
Lévis

anybody replaced Ryobi tool carbon brushes?

Hi

Does anybody has replaced the motor carbon brushes of a Ryobi tool recently (or not)?

If so I like to know how it went as I have a hard time finding videos or informations on the web.

thanks
Pourquoi pas?
5 replies
Jul 17, 2010
288 posts
300 upvotes
You can use a generic carbon brush from Amazon or eBay as long as the dimensions are similar.

Measure the dimensions with a ruler.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1724 posts
303 upvotes
Lévis
bundy5555 wrote: You can use a generic carbon brush from Amazon or eBay as long as the dimensions are similar.

Measure the dimensions with a ruler.
Actually, I like to know how hard it is. My only experience is from a small Dremel precision drill and it had 5 cents caps, so it was very easy to change. It doesn't seems to be that easy with the Ryobi tools, thus my question.
I'm on the fence of going with some Ryobi with brushes or Ridgid brushless. The deals on the Ryobi are very good but I don't want to regret it later.
Pourquoi pas?
Jul 17, 2010
288 posts
300 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Actually, I like to know how hard it is. My only experience is from a small Dremel precision drill and it had 5 cents caps, so it was very easy to change. It doesn't seems to be that easy with the Ryobi tools, thus my question.
I'm on the fence of going with some Ryobi with brushes or Ridgid brushless. The deals on the Ryobi are very good but I don't want to regret it later.
No hard at all for Ryobi hand tools. But need to take the case apart. Not just a cap like table saw or mitre saw.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
8826 posts
4501 upvotes
Paris
Larger tools had easy repair brushes. The smaller tools I have done as well. As with anything you take apart, its a good idea to take pictures as you go. I did it before the internet was widespread and manuals were hard to come by.