Shopping Discussion

Locked: Anybody who works for Coach (purse brand) please help me understand that

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2016 1:01 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2010
38 posts

Anybody who works for Coach (purse brand) please help me understand that

I've been waiting to buy that purse the "stanton carryall 26" in 13 inches blue navy (code 37148) and now that I saved enough money to sneak in Coach Outlet, I am absolutely frustrated!! :( :(

Coach has only 25 purses in stock for this model, all other color are on sale 50% off except the blue navy. I've called all outlet in the US and Canada, they have everything but blue so I ended up sending an email to the customer center. They had a hundred last week, and now people are going crazy over this purse, only 25 left in stock. With shipping and everything that would go over 500 bucks, clearly I don't want to spend that much on a purse.

If you only have 25 models in stock doesn't it make sense to discount it? I'm not a shopper but I've been waiting for that only purse at the end of the outlet mall for months to only realize that it will probably be sold out before they put it on sale. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If anybody works for Coach out there, please tell me why this model isn't going on sale, are they going to renew their stock? Should I wait or should I just give up on that purse?.... :confused: :confused:
Share:
36 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2397 posts
1080 upvotes
Why would they put it on sale if its popular and sells well? They put items that don't sell on sale.

You mention you are a student and can't afford it without it going on sale. How about just don't buy an over priced purse. Especially when your a student. It's a stupid purchase.
Jun 21, 2016
283 posts
91 upvotes
If they had 100 last week of that color, and 25 this week, seems that color is selling well, and no company generally discounts anything that sells well at full/normal price. Supply and demand, would make no sense for them to discount something that clearly has demand at whatever the price point is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9019 posts
10320 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Millennial logic?
Oct 16, 2002
788 posts
634 upvotes
I really want a Lamborghini and they won't sell me one for half price! I'm a working class office employee and can't afford their prices! If anyone works there can you explain why they're doing this to me? There are probably not even 50 Lamborghinis for sale in the whole country, why wouldn't they just discount them?!

Should I wait or should I just give up on that Lamborghini?.

Half-priced Lamborghinis for working class people!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5822 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
That a nice purse! Thanks for posting, Im gonna buy one in navy for my GF! :twisted:
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Oct 16, 2007
680 posts
88 upvotes
I don't think you need to work at Coach to understand the basic concept of supply and demand.
Oct 5, 2014
865 posts
1138 upvotes
AB
live within your means..

and as SongforaFriend mentioned; it is basic supply and demand..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
What are you doing your grad study on ?? Perhaps more important than getting a purse is to take a more useful course at school, such as Econ 101, where they will teach you about supply and demand or Logic 101.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2200 posts
823 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
cartfan123 wrote: Millennial logic?
methyl wrote: I really want a Lamborghini and they won't sell me one for half price! I'm a working class office employee and can't afford their prices! If anyone works there can you explain why they're doing this to me? There are probably not even 50 Lamborghinis for sale in the whole country, why wouldn't they just discount them?!

Should I wait or should I just give up on that Lamborghini?.

Half-priced Lamborghinis for working class people!
SongforaFriend wrote: I don't think you need to work at Coach to understand the basic concept of supply and demand.
wamwam wrote: live within your means..

and as SongforaFriend mentioned; it is basic supply and demand..
hdom wrote: What are you doing your grad study on ?? Perhaps more important than getting a purse is to take a more useful course at school, such as Econ 101, where they will teach you about supply and demand or Logic 101.
lmao I couldn't have said it better.

"I've been waiting to buy that purse the "stanton carryall 26" in 13 inches blue navy (code 37148) "

" I don't want to spend that much on a purse. "

lol!!! This is how the last recession started, with people with this mentality of the OP. If the OP is indeed taking econ or finance in grad school, good luck on passing...
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2200 posts
823 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
madkitty wrote:
If you only have 25 models in stock doesn't it make sense to discount it?
Why does this make sense to you? You have limited number of an item that is in high demand. Sales for it is going smoothly and your consumers are buying it. Your profit margins is healthy on this line of item, so why would you discount it to make less money?

Say you open a restaurant, that sells only one item like cake. Your cakes are really good, you have a limited number of them and people are lining up outside your bakery to buy it. You're making $20 profit on every cake you sell, do you discount it and make $5 profit on each cake instead?

Does THIS make sense instead of your logic?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9792 posts
4965 upvotes
Markham
Is this troll?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5822 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote: Is this troll?
No, OP just painted a target on herself by saying shes in grad school.

You'd be surprised how many consumers think this way no matter what their academic level is. The way the retailers are somehow obliged to mark down certain items when the stock is low or discontinued.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
397 upvotes
OP wants a popular purse but is angry she can't get it on sale.

How about settling for a colour that's on sale? I'm sure the other colours are just as nice. Otherwise, cough up the full price and buy it. Personally I don't think Coach is worth $500. I envision their purses in the $2-300 range.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13905 posts
9001 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Op, I'll sell you one. Image

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3910 posts
2726 upvotes
Vancouver
madkitty wrote:

If anybody works for Coach out there, please tell me why this model isn't going on sale, are they going to renew their stock? Should I wait or should I just give up on that purse?.... :confused: :confused:
Because local Chinese customers are buying 5 at once at full price, without hesitation.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13547 posts
2345 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Personally, I don't think the Coach Outlet decides whether the navy purse will go on sale based on supply and demand. I think it depends on what season the colours/styles belong to. The old colours/styles gotta get moving in order to allow new stock to be put on the shelves.

There isn't anything super special about the navy. I think it's more interesting to get a girly colour like pink.
Aug 27, 2010
591 posts
111 upvotes
On the one hand, OP says she is a broke grad student who won't even tip when she eats out: do-you-tip-if-not-what-your-arguments-a ... st14454784

but then thinks it's ok to spend $$$ on a purse when she can probably get something a lot cheaper that does the same job, and then gets upset because it doesn't go on sale when she wants it to. :facepalm:

Where is the common sense?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3078 posts
746 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Spinner wrote: Because local Chinese customers are buying 5 at once at full price, without hesitation.
Sorry to say but coach isn't popular for Chinese customers anymore. Kate Spade is the way to go but it seems it's dying soon.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4170 posts
803 upvotes
Richmond
uh at that price range I would buy Canadian and buy from Roots and support Canadian workers.