[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2777 posts
510 upvotes
Ancaster

Anyone able to identify this type/size of Water Shut-off Valve

Hi Everyone,

I've got two of my water shut-off valves that have developed a leak. I either need to replace them or the washer and O-rings.

Can anyone tell me what shut-off valve I should be looking for online at Home Depot or Lowes.

Also what size O-Ring and Washer would I need to be looking for online as well.

I usually just take the old piece to Home Depot and ask one of their staff for what I need and they show me where it is. Won't be doing that for awhile apparently.

5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5115 posts
2531 upvotes
nielboy wrote: Hi Everyone,

I've got two of my water shut-off valves that have developed a leak. I either need to replace them or the washer and O-rings.

Can anyone tell me what shut-off valve I should be looking for online at Home Depot or Lowes.

Also what size O-Ring and Washer would I need to be looking for online as well.

I usually just take the old piece to Home Depot and ask one of their staff for what I need and they show me where it is. Won't be doing that for awhile apparently.

It’s made by Emco. Model 4093. You can replace the rubbers and re-lubricate or buy the whole cartridge (it’s a common item )

If you look it up online it may say for laundry faucet but need not worry, it’s the same one
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2777 posts
510 upvotes
Ancaster
Thanks for the info Red Army. The Aquadynamic requires skills I don't have and for the exterior hose tap it wouldn't fit.

The type I have just screws on so it's easy peezy. I noticed that the Emco 4093 you mentioned does not appear to be for exterior use. Should I be using a different screw on shut off valve that is designed for exterior use?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9176 posts
4707 upvotes
Paris
nielboy wrote: Thanks for the info Red Army. The Aquadynamic requires skills I don't have and for the exterior hose tap it wouldn't fit.

The type I have just screws on so it's easy peezy. I noticed that the Emco 4093 you mentioned does not appear to be for exterior use. Should I be using a different screw on shut off valve that is designed for exterior use?
Those designed for exterior use shut off inside the house. This one is not designed for exterior but most builders use them with a dual shut off system. So in my place I am supposed to leave the outside one open all winter and turn off a similar valve inside the house.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2777 posts
510 upvotes
Ancaster
Jerico wrote: Those designed for exterior use shut off inside the house. This one is not designed for exterior but most builders use them with a dual shut off system. So in my place I am supposed to leave the outside one open all winter and turn off a similar valve inside the house.
Ya mine is the same and I did the same as you. Off inside/on outside.