Shopping Discussion

Anyone bought from AliExpress, ********, DX, etc. lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 7:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 18, 2009
32 posts
10 upvotes

Anyone bought from AliExpress, ********, DX, etc. lately?

Anyone bought from AliExpress, ********, DX, etc. lately?... Oops I didn’t realize the “best” site is a no-no. Sorry (after Googling I found out they can be discussed but you can't post deals from them it's.... G *e a r best. Please no more pms :-) )
Just wondering if anyone has bought from any seller is based in China lately. Are they shipping? Are shipments getting to Canada? Are shipments getting stuck in customs?
Thinking of getting a few things from ******** that I’m not in a rush for. Trying to get an idea of whether I will get my items or not.
Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes thanks
Last edited by TheLastPrincess on Apr 19th, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Nov 25, 2007
190 posts
78 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
my aliexpress orders from beginning of Feb-Mar have not arrived. So far 1 has been refunded.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18600 posts
13421 upvotes
Markham
No problems with my last order (mid Feb) from AliXprs. I got two April orders in transit...we'll see about those.

I wouldn't be surprised it is taking longer as normal shipping methods have greatly slowed or even stopped.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8032 posts
5989 upvotes
Toronto
My understanding is that if you went the epacket route, pretty much don't expect to get it (due to lower # of commercial flights). Shipping for more expensive items seems to be flowing.

I have 2 epacket items from Feb/March that I don't expect seeing, and I suspect were never shipped to begin with.
Ordered a K1Pro (percussion massage) on March 27, and according to tracking, should be delivered by Canada Post this week. I expect my April 3 $150 purchase of 96led solar garden lights to arrive early May.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20565 posts
9083 upvotes
Toronto
Nope haven't bought much since Canadapost lost over 20 of my items last year. So really gave up.
May 10, 2010
836 posts
1272 upvotes
Kenora
So far, three of the last 5 things I've ordered off AliExpress have arrived. The other 2 are still in transit
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22273 posts
35775 upvotes
ONTARIO
I am waiting on a couple items from February on AliExpress.

Shipped February 23rd - tracking shows nothing after it was "handed over to airline" on February 24th
Shipped February 25th - tracking shows nothing after it was "handed over to airline" on March 1st
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
5176 posts
3472 upvotes
One of my orders got cancelled last week due to running OOS. Hope they issue a full refund soon. My other 3 items are all COVID-19 related and have "supposedly" been shipped earlier this month.

1) Surgical masks

2) 3M N95 masks

3) Hair clippers
Oct 5, 2014
589 posts
1315 upvotes
Ontario
I'm still waiting for 2 items from AliExpress.

item 1: Shipped February 14th - China Post Registered Air Mail. Last tracking update shipped by air/Departed country of origin on February 16th.
Item 2: Shipped February 27th - China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. Last tracking update Departed country of origin on March 5th.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3932 posts
2655 upvotes
London
BobSagget wrote: I am waiting on a couple items from February on AliExpress.

Shipped February 23rd - tracking shows nothing after it was "handed over to airline" on February 24th
Shipped February 25th - tracking shows nothing after it was "handed over to airline" on March 1st
i have on i ordered on April 6th shows the same thing handed over to air line on the 9th. guessing if yours were handed over in feb and still haven't showed up i wont expect mine anytime soon. the air ports in china must have a massive amount of packages built up if there holding all these packages still from that far back.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
I ordered Feb 12, the last tracking update shows: The item is on transport to the country of destination 2020-03-13 07:38:00

Newb question: my order shows Awaiting Delivery will be closed in 11 days. What happens after 11 days, do I open a dispute to get refunded?
Nov 6, 2017
7 posts
GTA
ordered something from ali 1.5 months ago,still not arrive.
Dec 6, 2012
574 posts
356 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have 3 or 4 orders reaching 1.5 to 2 months, not received them yet, doubt I will, but they are all <5$ item
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13829 posts
3194 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
That's the issue with Aliexpress. All suppliers are from China. AE is just a platform by which China suppliers can sell stuff to foreigners. Jack Ma rakes in the listing fees. It's not like AMZN... where AMZN have their own warehouses full of shit ready to go. No guarantee of anything with AE. Each supplier is different. Some offer refunds (indicates on each seller). I was looking at all them face masks available. Most say 15-30 days, some say up to 60 days. I was thinking how can peeps say there are no PPE's, face masks when AE has a TON of suppliers at cheap prices. But then again, always afraid to hit "BUY", lol... and get nothing. *welp* Now I see where all those asian stores here are getting them and then reselling for $11-12 bux per 10 face masks. They have listings from wholesalers at $1.97-$2.97/10 facemasks and selling here at retail for the $11-12/per 10. 3X pricing.
Last edited by aznnorth on Apr 20th, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Aug 29, 2005
671 posts
53 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: I ordered Feb 12, the last tracking update shows: The item is on transport to the country of destination 2020-03-13 07:38:00

Newb question: my order shows Awaiting Delivery will be closed in 11 days. What happens after 11 days, do I open a dispute to get refunded?
You have a choice to open a dispute, saying that you didn't get your order or if you want to wait for the delivery, you could send a request to extend your buyer protection. After your 11 days have expired, your order will automatically go into Finished/Completed status. Meaning they assumed the order was delivered. It's harder to dispute it after this.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13829 posts
3194 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
gottagetta wrote: You have a choice to open a dispute, saying that you didn't get your order or if you want to wait for the delivery, you could send a request to extend your buyer protection. After your 11 days have expired, your order will automatically go into Finished/Completed status. Meaning they assumed the order was delivered. It's harder to dispute it after this.
Wow, glad I didnt purchase anything from AE... smh. And Jack Ma is raking billions off of AE, Alibaba, and Taobao. Taobao has just as bad ratings within China. Reviews shows it avg 2.1/5 star rating. Biggest complaint - terrible customer service. Items go missing, delivery not on time, "disappointment" at quality of goods, etc., etc. Lmao.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 3, 2011
337 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
My Sunglasses from a well known seller arrived and processed in Mississauga 2 days ago. Note... I ordered and shipped on February 28... Lol probably going to come in pieces,i shipped with E packet
Mar 20, 2016
569 posts
553 upvotes
Vancouver
Whatever you do, do not order with Sunyou or Yanwen shipping options, it may never show up.

China post, epacket, and aliexpress shipping method (seem to be 'UBI packet'), always show up. Cainiao I'm not sure, haven't tried it enough, seems to be a budget option though.
aznnorth wrote: Wow, glad I didnt purchase anything from AE... smh. And Jack Ma is raking billions off of AE, Alibaba, and Taobao. Taobao has just as bad ratings within China. Reviews shows it avg 2.1/5 star rating. Biggest complaint - terrible customer service. Items go missing, delivery not on time, "disappointment" at quality of goods, etc., etc. Lmao.
Its crazy how Taobao is a huge business, but, you look at the sales and reviews on items and its nothing compared to aliexpress. At least you will often find useful reviews telling you if the item is fake on aliexpress, on taobao there is often nothing, its like buying in the dark.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2050 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
AliExpress order 57 days in transit and counting.

19 Apr 2020 11:32
Handed over to airline Shanghai
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
gottagetta wrote: You have a choice to open a dispute, saying that you didn't get your order or if you want to wait for the delivery, you could send a request to extend your buyer protection. After your 11 days have expired, your order will automatically go into Finished/Completed status. Meaning they assumed the order was delivered. It's harder to dispute it after this.
Thanks. I opened a dispute and requested a refund.

Dispute Reason: Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit
Reminder: Thank you for your refund request. The seller will reply within 10 calendar days 23 hour 57 minute 57 second . If you and the seller can not come to an agreement, AliExpress will step in and help. If the seller does not respond on time, the request will be automatically closed and you will receive your refund as requested.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)