Automotive

Anyone buy a Rav4 recently?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2017 2:15 pm
Tags:
Sep 15, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
golden_m wrote: interesting, but something does not add up in my mind. Unless there are different fees in QC, the number should be higher.
Here is my breakdown:
Invoice: $28,646
Mandatory fees: $2,265
Tax (15%): $4,018
TOTAL: $34,929
Financing (1.49%): $3,122
GRAND TOTAL (ALL IN): $38,051

mind you, this price includes $0 above invoice...
$1000 does not apply to financing, only to cash purchase.

How did you get it for $36,000 all in???
Oh, I think I misunderstood financing fee here, taking it as administration fees. The price is actually excluding interest paid for financing.
Mandatory fees are only $1,915

Weekly payment is $120.65 for 72 months, so the total is about $37,640, which is the total cost of the car including interest.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2569 posts
751 upvotes
Ottawa
Mightylibra wrote: Oh, I think I misunderstood financing fee here, taking it as administration fees. The price is actually excluding interest paid for financing.
Mandatory fees are only $1,915

Weekly payment is $120.65 for 72 months, so the total is about $37,640, which is the total cost of the car including interest.
Ah, now it makes more sense Smiling Face With Open Mouth
did you put any downpayment?
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
I got a 07 rav4 base with the 270HP 3.5L V6 with 153km
It was listed at $8500 at a VW dealership. I talked them down to $7100 so it wasnt a bad deal at all.

I find this generation more fun to drive since it has the 3.5L they accidentally made a super fast suv by shoving the camry engine into it. The awd had the effect of making it really fast off the line 0-60
Its the combination of
-relatively light body for An suv
-big powerful V6
-awd
They accidentally made this the fastest toyota 0-60 from 2006 to i forgot when.
Oct 30, 2007
193 posts
170 upvotes
Vaughan
I think you did well on your 2007 purchase as the kms are low! Keep an eye on the rear differential if it starts to leak oil. Its a known issue on that generation Rav, although its probably already been dealt with.

This past weekend I bought a 2016 Rav4 XLE FWD with 16,000kms for $25,000 +HST. Its been on the road for about 13 months, so i have 23 months of full warranty left. I was torn between AWD and FWD but couldn't find a clean 2016 with low kms for a reasonable price.
Jun 12, 2012
13 posts
4 upvotes
LAKEFIELD
Have found a Platinum Demo (8000 km) (Limited with upgrade package) @ 227 before tax bi-weekly over 84 months. Dealer has agreed to cover warranty until 68000km and also put new brake pads and rotors on vehicle. (It had been sold and sat for an extended period before the buyer backed out.) Update-now at 220 bi weekly)
Thoughts?
Sep 21, 2017
17 posts
13 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote: If you like the FWD LE Rav4 you might want to go expedite the process... Inventory for the FWD LE is next to nothing & will be cleared/gone in a week or less.
xjesterxx, any way you can check on RAV4 Hybrid supply in XLE trim for Ontario? Much appreciated.
Feb 13, 2017
97 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm also looking into a LE FWD if anyone can share which dealer and pricing they settled with. Richmond Hill gave me a decent offer however they don't actually have any on their lot. They are able to source one from another dealer however they can't guarantee the colour I want. I rather not commit and then say sorry all there's left is red.

Appreciate it!
Sep 21, 2017
17 posts
13 upvotes
Went with the email blast across Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal and ended up with dealer cost plus 300 for a 2017 Hybrid XLE. Negotiated hard with responding dealers to get the lowest out the door price. For anyone negotiating with dealer cost, you have to be careful of the fees added on after, we found a large range in numbers even for those dealers that accepted our dealer cost + 300 offer.

Went with Toyota Gatineau. For anyone in Ottawa, the experience was seamless as dealer took care of registering car in Ontario for us and we paid Ontario tax and did not have to deal with any Quebec taxes. Also found the dealer a lot more pleasant to deal with than some of the Ottawa dealers.

PM for more details.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2569 posts
751 upvotes
Ottawa
308spartans wrote: Went with the email blast across Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal and ended up with dealer cost plus 300 for a 2017 Hybrid XLE. Negotiated hard with responding dealers to get the lowest out the door price. For anyone negotiating with dealer cost, you have to be careful of the fees added on after, we found a large range in numbers even for those dealers that accepted our dealer cost + 300 offer.

Went with Toyota Gatineau. For anyone in Ottawa, the experience was seamless as dealer took care of registering car in Ontario for us and we paid Ontario tax and did not have to deal with any Quebec taxes. Also found the dealer a lot more pleasant to deal with than some of the Ottawa dealers.

PM for more details.
Congrats.
I went with Belair Toyota in Ottawa and whole experience was not good.
While sales guy was great at the beginning, it did not work out as smooth as i was hoping.
Certainly, would not go there again.

Saying that, i am still happy i got my new car!!!
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
308spartans wrote: Went with the email blast across Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal and ended up with dealer cost plus 300 for a 2017 Hybrid XLE. Negotiated hard with responding dealers to get the lowest out the door price. For anyone negotiating with dealer cost, you have to be careful of the fees added on after, we found a large range in numbers even for those dealers that accepted our dealer cost + 300 offer.

PM for more details.
Unfortunately this is rampant in the GTA and technically against OMVIC legislation - any offer / quote / advertisement must be "all-inclusive" plus 13% HST & licensing.

Most dealers will accept your price and demand a $299-$499 admin / document fee when you arrive to make the deal.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)