Cell Phones

Anyone can provide me some advice for the Unlocked cell phone?

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2015 5:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON

Anyone can provide me some advice for the Unlocked cell phone?

Hi guys. Recently I'm searching a cell phone for my parents. They only use voice call, text, some social apps. I found one called R55 on some website well sold. Good price, but the only results are selling info. Is there any guy has used such phone? Any advice? Or you have any other good suggestion please tell me Thanks. BTW Price between 100 to 200 no more than 200. Better to have warranty. Big screen. Thanks again.
5 replies
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON
libballeng wrote: Can you post a link?
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 5K02C25648
Here is a link on newegg. I would let my parents to use Mobilicity cause it's cheap. And this phone seems to support Mobilicity. Many other links on differet sellers. BTW I called them to ask about warranty, they said 1 year. Does other unlocked phones have warranty? Cause just in case it break down, my parents can just let them to repair it.

Thx Libballeng
Sep 2, 2014
145 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was looking for a phone with similar criteria. I ended up buying a Moto G (XT1034) at Staples for $199 . Had it a year now and pretty happy with it (now running Android Lollipop).
Dec 1, 2012
202 posts
34 upvotes
There are unlocked Android phones selling at Amazon.ca at between $50 to $200.

The RIV R55 II AWS is also available from Amazon.ca for $169.99. Comes with 1-year warranty.
Dec 16, 2008
220 posts
102 upvotes
I have an R55. There is a huge thread about the R55 here on RFD

I think it's a decent phone for the price but it is a bit slow. The screen protector that it comes with also REALLY sucks. If you buy it the first thing you should do is take the screen protector off because it makes it really hard to type on.