PC & Video Games

anyone collect retro videogame stuff here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2022 12:03 am
Jan 29, 2022
1 posts

4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8534 upvotes
GTA
I mean, does having a bunch of Atari 2600 cartridges count?
I don't know that I collect as much as still have some old things, all of them working still I think. I know some people who frequent here have some nice original pinball and arcade cabinets. Anything in particular you are interested in or want to share?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
I've offloaded a lot of the older stuff that was just collecting dust.

However, I started restoring some NES, controllers, and battery replacements in games so others can keep enjoying them.

Feels good to bring a dead NES back to life for someone or get a Pokemon cartridge saving again.

With that said, I do keep an NES plugged in to the TV in the living room for some quick oldies every now and then. Not sure I'll ever be able to get rid of that one.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
I don't really seek out to collect retro stuff. But I do keep all my consoles and box them back up. Except the handhelds. I don't know why I tossed all the boxes for those. Stuff I have just turns into a retro collection I guess. I still have an old Philips 1080i CRT TV kicking around just in case I want to play an older system.

Consoles/Handhelds I still have:

Nintendo:
Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, DS Lite, 3DS XL
NES, NES 2, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, OG Switch

SEGA:
Game Gear
Master System, Genesis I, Genesis II, Dreamcast

Sony:
PS1, PSOne, PS2, PS2 Slim, PS3 BBQ, PS4

Microsoft:
Xbox 360 OG, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X

Pretty much everything is boxed back up except the Switch, PS4, and XSX. But it's nice to know I've got that history of everything I've owned and used first hand over the years still there.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1823 posts
318 upvotes
Scarborough
Same as Caerus, I don't actively collect retro stuff but I've kept almost everything I've played on. Sega Genesis, Xbox, Wii, Xbox 360, all with the games I had back in the day. Think I also have my old Game Boy in a storage bin somewhere.

I'm mostly a PC gamer these days but I do play on an Xbox Series X occasionally, usually with my brothers.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: ever-wanted-shoot-guns-legally-next-sat ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $13/month plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)