Personal Finance

Anyone else currently having issues with logging into Tangerine?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 1:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1852 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal, QC

I can't seem to log into their system since 12:30pm (tried different browsers, deleted cache/cookies, etc. and I'm not connected to my 3rd party VPN service)
7 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10669 posts
5668 upvotes
Markham
Fine here as well

Chrome web browser
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1852 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks. Just tried it and I keep getting the same error message.
Capture.JPG
Feb 16, 2014
377 posts
295 upvotes
lmcjipo wrote: Thanks. Just tried it and I keep getting the same error message.

Capture.JPG
Call them. I suddenly got locked out by their Security dept. a couple weeks ago cuz they needed to verify I was changing my linked account.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1852 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I finally managed to log in. Not sure what the issue was earlier but the conspiracy theorist in me thinks it might be Tangerine trying to keep me from transferring my money out today given that my interest rate on my savings account with them dropped back down to 0.1% (had a higher promotional rate up until yesterday).

In any event, I just transferred the money from my Tangerine savings account to another financial institution offering me a much better interest rate than their paltry rate of 0.1%.
May 28, 2012
453 posts
412 upvotes
ONT
I haven't been blocked from getting in but it is VERY slow getting to the first login page...........
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7007 posts
3242 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
mrct1944 wrote: I haven't been blocked from getting in but it is VERY slow getting to the first login page...........
Yeah, have experienced that for many months and at first thought hack or fraud site or browser frozen but now just wait for it to load in tab.

Have similar issues with Amex... logging in fast but once logged in it takes more then usual time to go from one menu screen to another... Tangerine takes time for initial login screen but no delay to go from one menu screen to another.

Other financial sites load fine.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.