Shopping Discussion

Anyone else have trouble printing coupons from SmartSource.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2019 11:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver

Anyone else have trouble printing coupons from SmartSource.ca?

Hi

Every time I try to print off a coupon I get a blank page and I don't know why, I have the latest adobe dc and java version. I have no problem printing from SmartSaver.ca
16 replies
Jul 26, 2017
205 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe try a different web browser?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
bestbudz wrote: Maybe try a different web browser?
Tried them all, Edge, Chrome, FF same result.
sasha2001ca wrote: yes and I have given up on them.
Dang, that is were I am almost at. I emailed them and never got a response.
Nov 1, 2001
756 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
I also have the same issue. not sure what the fix is.
Jul 4, 2005
747 posts
54 upvotes
Ontario
xiaobao wrote: Hi
Every time I try to print off a coupon I get a blank page and I don't know why, I have the latest adobe dc and java version. I have no problem printing from SmartSaver.ca
If I'm not mistaken, I had an issue with Smartsource and P&G Everyday. I had to disable my uBlock Origin Ad Blocker in FireFox for both websites. I find Adobe opens to a blank page and hangs for quite a while before prompting me to print. Hope this helps?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7610 posts
3020 upvotes
If you don't have the very latest Adobe the print can fail due to security reasons...ad block probably causes similar problems...could be a few things I guess.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
Junk Food Junkie wrote: If I'm not mistaken, I had an issue with Smartsource and P&G Everyday. I had to disable my uBlock Origin Ad Blocker in FireFox for both websites. I find Adobe opens to a blank page and hangs for quite a while before prompting me to print. Hope this helps?
I don't have any ad block program other than the standard browser popup blocker. I am using the latest adobe dc reader.
Apr 13, 2010
536 posts
247 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
Press F12 and go to the 'Console' and look for errors.

It downloads scripts and stuff from a ton of different places, then you download a PDF that has code in it to connect back to smartsource.ca. What a mess.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11278 posts
5757 upvotes
Brampton
lecale wrote: If you don't have the very latest Adobe the print can fail due to security reasons...ad block probably causes similar problems...could be a few things I guess.
Actually it's the opposite. If you have the latest adobe it WILL fail for security reasons.

So what you need is the latest Java and adobe. You need to disable Adblock if you use it. Your Printer needs to be selected as default a head of time.

You then need to turn off "Enable Enhanced Security" in Adobe.

The method Smartsource uses to issue a print command is depreciated as an attack vector (POS company and coding). You should get a prompt to allow or deny the command but for some reason Smartsource times out super quick before the prompt comes up. With Enable Enhanced Security disabled you'll get the prompt but smartsource still plays a game here and you'll need to redownload the coupon again to print it. I didn't dig much deeper as it was a lot of work for a $2 coupon.
It's a lot stupid BS to "protect" the couple when I can just later scan in the paper and copy that anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
I think I might have found my problem out(though I need to do more testing out). I had in adobe "ink toner saver" checked. Once I unchecked that the coupon that just failed to print anything out printed.
Feb 2, 2018
1 posts
I tried everything else before trying this "ink toner saver" checkbox. But this is what solved my problem. Thanks man !
Jan 21, 2019
1 posts
Thank you so much. Disabling ink save is now allowing this couponing moma to print again!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
Worldyan wrote: I tried everything else before trying this "ink toner saver" checkbox. But this is what solved my problem. Thanks man !
NicoleC89062 wrote: Thank you so much. Disabling ink save is now allowing this couponing moma to print again!!!
Happy it helped you guys out as well, I have not had a problem since I unchecked that option. I guess smartsaver does not want us to save on toner.