Shopping Discussion

Anyone else have trouble printing coupons from SmartSource.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2022 12:07 am
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes

Anyone else have trouble printing coupons from SmartSource.ca?

Hi

Every time I try to print off a coupon I get a blank page and I don't know why, I have the latest adobe dc and java version. I have no problem printing from SmartSaver.ca
19 replies
Jul 26, 2017
233 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe try a different web browser?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
bestbudz wrote: Maybe try a different web browser?
Tried them all, Edge, Chrome, FF same result.
sasha2001ca wrote: yes and I have given up on them.
Dang, that is were I am almost at. I emailed them and never got a response.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1152 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
I also have the same issue. not sure what the fix is.
Jul 4, 2005
778 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario
xiaobao wrote: Hi
Every time I try to print off a coupon I get a blank page and I don't know why, I have the latest adobe dc and java version. I have no problem printing from SmartSaver.ca
If I'm not mistaken, I had an issue with Smartsource and P&G Everyday. I had to disable my uBlock Origin Ad Blocker in FireFox for both websites. I find Adobe opens to a blank page and hangs for quite a while before prompting me to print. Hope this helps?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
If you don't have the very latest Adobe the print can fail due to security reasons...ad block probably causes similar problems...could be a few things I guess.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
Junk Food Junkie wrote: If I'm not mistaken, I had an issue with Smartsource and P&G Everyday. I had to disable my uBlock Origin Ad Blocker in FireFox for both websites. I find Adobe opens to a blank page and hangs for quite a while before prompting me to print. Hope this helps?
I don't have any ad block program other than the standard browser popup blocker. I am using the latest adobe dc reader.
Apr 13, 2010
659 posts
424 upvotes
Napanee, ON
Press F12 and go to the 'Console' and look for errors.

It downloads scripts and stuff from a ton of different places, then you download a PDF that has code in it to connect back to smartsource.ca. What a mess.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13376 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
lecale wrote: If you don't have the very latest Adobe the print can fail due to security reasons...ad block probably causes similar problems...could be a few things I guess.
Actually it's the opposite. If you have the latest adobe it WILL fail for security reasons.

So what you need is the latest Java and adobe. You need to disable Adblock if you use it. Your Printer needs to be selected as default a head of time.

You then need to turn off "Enable Enhanced Security" in Adobe.

The method Smartsource uses to issue a print command is depreciated as an attack vector (POS company and coding). You should get a prompt to allow or deny the command but for some reason Smartsource times out super quick before the prompt comes up. With Enable Enhanced Security disabled you'll get the prompt but smartsource still plays a game here and you'll need to redownload the coupon again to print it. I didn't dig much deeper as it was a lot of work for a $2 coupon.
It's a lot stupid BS to "protect" the couple when I can just later scan in the paper and copy that anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
I think I might have found my problem out(though I need to do more testing out). I had in adobe "ink toner saver" checked. Once I unchecked that the coupon that just failed to print anything out printed.
Feb 2, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Québec
I tried everything else before trying this "ink toner saver" checkbox. But this is what solved my problem. Thanks man !
Jan 21, 2019
1 posts
Thank you so much. Disabling ink save is now allowing this couponing moma to print again!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
Worldyan wrote: I tried everything else before trying this "ink toner saver" checkbox. But this is what solved my problem. Thanks man !
NicoleC89062 wrote: Thank you so much. Disabling ink save is now allowing this couponing moma to print again!!!
Happy it helped you guys out as well, I have not had a problem since I unchecked that option. I guess smartsaver does not want us to save on toner.
Nov 4, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
For those who did not find a way to disable the save toner option, there is a woraround for it.

Disable Toner Saver on Adobe Reader DC
Go to Windows registry and navigate to the regkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral

on the right side you will see a bunch of keys, you just need to make a change into the key called:

bPrintSaveToner changing its value from 1 to 0.

If you don't wanna do that, just copy and paste the content below into a notepad and save the file as DisableSaveToner.reg (make sure you select the option SAVE AS TYPE as ALL FILES).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral]
"bPrintSaveToner"=dword:00000000
Jan 4, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Changing the registry key was what worked so far!!!! BRILLIANT! I don't see the buttons/tabs on any bars in my Adobe/ac/dc so that wasn;t an option..... And saving the registry info was possible but not to the "saved as" that was specified..... but actually changing the key worked---- how did you know that???? Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2934 upvotes
Markham
I can see and print the Smart source coupon after disabling save toner setting. BUT the text on the top right corner (where it says expiry date / pin number), those text are scrambled and not readable. This issue happened about 6 months ago and so far I am not able to find a solution. It only happens on my desktop, while my laptop works fine. Both have the same version of Windows 10, same version of Adobe reader DC ! any one experience similar ??
Nov 24, 2004
182 posts
1423 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
landin0 wrote: For those who did not find a way to disable the save toner option, there is a woraround for it.

Disable Toner Saver on Adobe Reader DC
Go to Windows registry and navigate to the regkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral

on the right side you will see a bunch of keys, you just need to make a change into the key called:

bPrintSaveToner changing its value from 1 to 0.

If you don't wanna do that, just copy and paste the content below into a notepad and save the file as DisableSaveToner.reg (make sure you select the option SAVE AS TYPE as ALL FILES).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral]
"bPrintSaveToner"=dword:00000000
I know this answer was posted years ago, but THANK YOU so much for these instructions! You have led me to the exact problem, that i have tried to solve for many years. I have tried everything, and any emails to Smart Source went no where!
I changed the registry value and now i can print my coupons.
Jun 27, 2022
1 posts
1 upvote
I've figured it out. After launching Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, click on your profile picture in the top right of the window, then select preferences from that drop-down menu. From there, select security (enhanced) and uncheck the box that says "Enable Enhanced Security" next to it, the press the ok button at the bottom right of the window to save it. This'll now (most likely) allow you to print out your file.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)