Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
dude
this should be a POLL question .... you'd get more of an interesting response out of us .....
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Swiss chalet is over rated.
Service can be very iffy, if you get 1 of the "baba's" on a bad day (people of eastern european heritage will know what I mean!).
Their take out is BRUTAL....everything ends up soggy and greasy.
And I've ordered the chicken wrap whatever it is before and bitten into bones.....turn off.

On the other side, their fries are pretty good, chalet salad dressing is ok, and a lot of people like the dipping sauce (Idont, it tastes like minty bbq sauce/gravy to me). So its not completely horrible.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12113 posts
3086 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been to a couple of St Hubert's around Ontario, and every time I've gone, the chicken was pretty nasty. The skin was overdone, shiny, greasy and the meat inside was discoloured and reddish in tone.

On the other hand, the couple I've been to in Quebec were really good, chicken was tender, fresh, and larger too.

I was told Quebec region use a different supplier, so that would account for the difference in quality.
Aug 11, 2004
605 posts
1 upvote
I am also a big Swiss Chalet fan - compared to the roasted chicken that you can buy from the Supermarkets like Dominion - actually there is no comparison. I am a big fan of their fries as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
St. Huberts is huge in Quebec and is considered a premium product. Swiss Chalet in comprison is doing very poorly over there and is mainly served side by side in a Harveys.

I like them both.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14392 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga
wju2004 wrote:I am also a big Swiss Chalet fan - compared to the roasted chicken that you can buy from the Supermarkets like Dominion - actually there is no comparison. I am a big fan of their fries as well.

What if u could get Swiss Chalet sauce at Dominion?
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Apr 13, 2003
385 posts
21 upvotes
Great place to go with kids. The kids 1/4 chicken meal is the same as the adults but its about $3 cheaper and they get a drink and toy!

I like the Brimley/Sheppard location...great staff...fast and friendly.
Oct 12, 2004
472 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
i visited the swiss chalet with my family at markville mall last night. the young hostess who seated us was incredibly rude.

first, when we went in, even though there were tons of empty tables, she told us we had to wait a minute. so we were okay with that, because there are lots of reasons why we'd have to wait for a table. anyway, then she turned around and basically disappeared for 10 minutes. well, i shouldn't say disappeared, since she was walking back and forth between the kitchen and the eating area, talking to waiters and stuff. so then everytime she looks over at us, she quickly looks away, whatever. finally! she comes to seat us, except now she just slams/throws the menus on the table and walks away again without a word. what the hell? i've never been seated like that at a swiss chalet before, and i've never encountered such a bad attitude.

granted, she could have been having a bad day, but why does that give her the right to ruin my dinner with my family? really, that really destroyed our experience. up until now, i've always had decent-to-good experiences at swiss chalet.
Aug 16, 2004
68 posts
i have a drive through swiss chalet, what's the best thing to get for $8 and down..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
...still looking for two for one or other deals for SC
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1696 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver
Uberonix wrote:i have a drive through swiss chalet, what's the best thing to get for $8 and down..
I usually get the 1/4 chicken meal. It's $7 for dark meat and $8 for white meat. Comes with a roll and fries. Yum!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2357 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
chellemi wrote:i visited the swiss chalet with my family at markville mall last night. the young hostess who seated us was incredibly rude.

rest of quote snipped...
That sort of treatment is inexcusable. I would have just walked out.

I can understand a wait when the place is packed and the staff are running around like crazy. That's perfectly understandable. But when the place is half-empty there is no excuse for not being seated immediately. If there is some other problem, the staff should, at least, be upfront about it so at least it doesn't seem like you're being ignored.

Having said that, I've eaten at that same Markville location a couple of times and my experience has been very positive.

On one occasion, the place was packed and we were in a hurry. It was about 6:50 and we explained to the greeter that we needed to be out of there by 7:30 and asked if that would be a problem. She actually checked and came back and told us there shouldn't be a problem with the timing as long as we were only after a chicken entree. (which was what we wanted anyway)

The bottom line is that the staff made sure we were done by 7:30. A nice tip and personal compliments to the manager followed as we left.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.