Anyone else here like Swiss Chalet?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2004 5:17 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 24, 2004
976 posts
87 upvotes
silentio wrote:Is 1pm and 7pm the 2 rushes?

11:30-2:00 and 4:30-7:30 usually. Depending on the season, weather, local events, and randomness of traffic flow.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
phillbert wrote:I dont think St. Huberts and SC can compare to Kenny Rogers Chicken.
Best place till they all shut down :(
.... Its the wood that makes it good :razz:
Dude Roasters was brutal. The chicken was SO small!
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Nov 20, 2004
77 posts
I miss Swiss Chalet. :( All of them closed down in Winnipeg at least 5 years ago or more. The only one left is at the Winnipeg Airport, but they don't have a full service menu. I always eat at Swiss Chalet when I visit my sister in BC or relatives in Calgary.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
toban11 wrote:I miss Swiss Chalet. :( All of them closed down in Winnipeg at least 5 years ago or more. The only one left is at the Winnipeg Airport, but they don't have a full service menu. I always eat at Swiss Chalet when I visit my sister in BC or relatives in Calgary.
Dude that must seriously suck. I haven't eaten SC in a while but I love it.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Degenerate wrote:Dude Roasters was brutal. The chicken was SO small!

And the sauce... wow it must be the only time I've seen where the sauce didnt go with the main dish and didnt seem to fit in at all. Maybe they fixed that by now.
Dec 17, 2003
345 posts
2 upvotes
Just had Swiss Chalet tonight! It was good as usual! Won't here me complain. I love their online ordering! Click, Click, Click :D
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Do they still add about $1 per entree on top of the regular restaurant take out menu?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1121 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
To SC
Add a few more diff type of beer and I will visit it more, I believe they only have 2 type on beer.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
Focus wrote:To SC
Add a few more diff type of beer and I will visit it more, I believe they only have 2 type on beer.
do you mean on tap? b/c they only have canadian and rickard's red on tap but do have other selection in a bottle
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18193 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
So those of you who have ordered online, is it always as fast as ordering over the phone? And how do I know they will receive the order right away? Like do they get a "DING" in their computer screen when the order arrives?

I usually get double leg dinner too! With either corn, mash potatoes, or the new fresh vegetables. :D
Dec 1, 2004
81 posts
I usually love Swiss Chalet, but last night was horrible.

I went to a different location then I normally would. My sister suggested it because it was less ghetto then the one on Finch. So we headed to the one on Steeles between Bathurst and Yonge.

1. There was a mouse racing across the floor next to us
2. They placed us at the back of the restaurant so it was next to impossible to get our waitress
3. When we got our bill, it was the wrong one. It was someone else's, we were honest enough to tell them that even though our bill was significantly higher.
4. On our way out, it seems everyone got to sit at the front of the store with many waiters and waitresses to choose from.

Although, I will go to Swiss Chalet again. I don't think I will ever return to this one.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
silentio wrote:Do they still add about $1 per entree on top of the regular restaurant take out menu?
Take out menu is cheaper than dine in menu.
Feb 14, 2004
154 posts
1 upvote
Swiss Chalet ruined my Christmas. (well, one of them anyway).

Went there with my mum and dad on the 24th of Dec...they must have undercooked the chicken or something in their haste to close because I was sick as a dog the next morning and day. I couldn't even look at the Turkey.

I looked like a ghost for the next 3-4 days.

Blech. I do like the cooked chicken at Costco though.