Anyone else here like Swiss Chalet?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2004 5:17 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 17, 2003
345 posts
2 upvotes
Just had Swiss Chalet tonight! It was good as usual! Won't here me complain. I love their online ordering! Click, Click, Click :D
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Do they still add about $1 per entree on top of the regular restaurant take out menu?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
To SC
Add a few more diff type of beer and I will visit it more, I believe they only have 2 type on beer.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Focus wrote:To SC
Add a few more diff type of beer and I will visit it more, I believe they only have 2 type on beer.
do you mean on tap? b/c they only have canadian and rickard's red on tap but do have other selection in a bottle
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
So those of you who have ordered online, is it always as fast as ordering over the phone? And how do I know they will receive the order right away? Like do they get a "DING" in their computer screen when the order arrives?

I usually get double leg dinner too! With either corn, mash potatoes, or the new fresh vegetables. :D
Dec 1, 2004
81 posts
I usually love Swiss Chalet, but last night was horrible.

I went to a different location then I normally would. My sister suggested it because it was less ghetto then the one on Finch. So we headed to the one on Steeles between Bathurst and Yonge.

1. There was a mouse racing across the floor next to us
2. They placed us at the back of the restaurant so it was next to impossible to get our waitress
3. When we got our bill, it was the wrong one. It was someone else's, we were honest enough to tell them that even though our bill was significantly higher.
4. On our way out, it seems everyone got to sit at the front of the store with many waiters and waitresses to choose from.

Although, I will go to Swiss Chalet again. I don't think I will ever return to this one.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
silentio wrote:Do they still add about $1 per entree on top of the regular restaurant take out menu?
Take out menu is cheaper than dine in menu.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Feb 14, 2004
154 posts
1 upvote
Swiss Chalet ruined my Christmas. (well, one of them anyway).

Went there with my mum and dad on the 24th of Dec...they must have undercooked the chicken or something in their haste to close because I was sick as a dog the next morning and day. I couldn't even look at the Turkey.

I looked like a ghost for the next 3-4 days.

Blech. I do like the cooked chicken at Costco though.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
craigcloneclone wrote:Swiss Chalet ruined my Christmas. (well, one of them anyway).

Went there with my mum and dad on the 24th of Dec...they must have undercooked the chicken or something in their haste to close because I was sick as a dog the next morning and day. I couldn't even look at the Turkey.

I looked like a ghost for the next 3-4 days.

Blech. I do like the cooked chicken at Costco though.
that doesnt nescessarily mean its the chicken or swiss chalet, could've been anything you ate the day before. and if they were in a haste to close, you most definitely wouldn't have gotten fresh chicken let alone undercooked ones, b/c they wont cook chicken near closing time b/c there's always some left ;)
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
i LOVE SC. i can't get enough of the 1/4 white meat dinner meals. and thier garlic bread w/cheese is just awesome. the ribs aren't bad either. but really blows me away is their amazing online ordering website. its brilliant! it actually works w/o crappy flash or other such gimmicks.
Be kind and civil with one another
Nov 24, 2004
976 posts
90 upvotes
gilboman wrote:that doesnt nescessarily mean its the chicken or swiss chalet, could've been anything you ate the day before. and if they were in a haste to close, you most definitely wouldn't have gotten fresh chicken let alone undercooked ones, b/c they wont cook chicken near closing time b/c there's always some left ;)
Thats a very good point. Most people do not know that Salmonella (most common food borne illness with chciken) can take up to 48 hours to incubate. So you could pick it up any time within the last two days. Others like Ecoli (beef usually) can take up to 9 days to incubate. Think of where you ate within the last 9 days. Thats a lot of possible souces of the illness.

CM
Nov 16, 2004
760 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
swiss chalet is awesome! i like the fact that they will give u credit or something when thye make a mistake, whenever i get it to go. for example, once they swtiched a salad with a baked potato, so they credited me for a free salad next time i went! great stuff :D

oh and bout the amazing sauce, once i was at disney world talking to one of the cast members there, and he found out i was from canada, the first thing he asked was if i ate swiss chalet! :D hehe, seems like the goodness of the sauce does spread. he said he missed the great sauce being in florida (he was from buffalo).
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
SC is ok. Very overrated.

I went to some place once when I was in Montreal. Don't remember the name. Could have been "Scores".

It was a chicken place, but had a salad bar and their chicken was really good. And for around the same price as SC, a much better deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
For a chain store, I think SC is pretty good. Good prices, good food. For a change, I went to the St. Hubert on Avenue/Lawrence... Man was that a step down. Chicken was alright but the fries seemed like McCain Superfries and the bread was just some toasted bun. (a la SC from a few years ago) It seemed really "ghetto" there and it was MORE expensive than SC! A quarter leg dinner was $9 bux, $2 more than SC quarter leg @ SC. Then on my way out, I noticed the takeout price for a quarter leg dinner was $5.99 and it came with a drink. WTF! It costs another $3 to eat-in that craptacular dining room with mediocre service?

So yeah, learn from my mistake, don't eat-in at St. Hubert's! Stick to Swiss Chalet. :)
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1301 posts
porphyra wrote:SC is ok. Very overrated.

I went to some place once when I was in Montreal. Don't remember the name. Could have been "Scores".

It was a chicken place, but had a salad bar and their chicken was really good. And for around the same price as SC, a much better deal.
That chain you mentioned in Montreal is simply amazing. Decoration is better than SC or St Huberts and their salad bar was simply unmatched.