Shopping Discussion

Is anyone else still waiting for their boxingday FS.ca order?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2005 11:22 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa

Is anyone else still waiting for their boxingday FS.ca order?

I placed my order for the Harmony remote and the x-230 speakers shortly after 12:00am boxing day and currently my order is still listed as "Not Yet Shippable".

Is anyone else in a similar situation?
33 replies
Oct 14, 2001
550 posts
1 upvote
yep, i'm still waiting for my digicam . . . i dunno what's taking so long cause everything i ordered form BB came this week . . . including my new laptop!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Everything I ordered from BB hasn't come.. ordered around midnight on boxing day. All my tracking numbers say in transit from toronto but nothing's come since its been shipped for 3 days.
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
I received all of my 3 orders 2 days ago, 2 from Dec. 25 Boxing Day (1 from BB and one from FS) and 1 from Dec. 26 FS order.
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Kerlo wrote:yep, i'm still waiting for my digicam . . . i dunno what's taking so long cause everything i ordered form BB came this week . . . including my new laptop!
I think I know exactly what's taking so long.

When I called their customer support, I was told that my items were "allocated" to me and that my order status should change within 24 hours. I checked today and everything is still the same. When I called this time I was told that the speakers were now on back-order so everything will ship when they arrive.

So.. my 2 items have gone from being In-Stock when I added them to my cart, to "allocated" and finally to back-order status. Funny part about this is that both of my items were marked as being "in-stock" throughout the entire on-line purchase process (and I even took a series of screenshots just incase).

So.. my guess is that your digicam is actually not in-stock at all and it's probably going to be another couple of days (or more) before they finally get some to send you. The CSR I spoke with said that the website should only be used as a "guide" and quantities aren't accurate.

s.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
weird....

my dad ordered the sony 25pk dvd+/-rs and a benq cdrw drive and neither hasn't arrived yet..... so if it doesn't come 2day, it better be here on Mon.... :evil: ......... sometimes i hate FS for the long delays for shipping items :evil: .... but i do love their FREE S/H charges! :twisted:

yet for MY order of Halo 1 (which was ordered on same day of my dad's order) arrived 2 days ago.... :cheesygri
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1100 posts
GVR
i ordered the altec laning 3151 speakers on the 26, they wree shipped on the 28. and i havent recieved anything yet. hopefully sometime soon
Oct 14, 2001
550 posts
1 upvote
sdo wrote:
So.. my guess is that your digicam is actually not in-stock at all and it's probably going to be another couple of days (or more) before they finally get some to send you. The CSR I spoke with said that the website should only be used as a "guide" and quantities aren't accurate.

It is kinda stupid though . . . especially when they have restocked the item twice or three times since my order.

Funny thing about bestbuy though was that for one of my items i got the shipping e-mail today . . . and when I checked the tracking number it said that it was on the truck for delivery!! An hour later the item was at my door! I don't live in TO either!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
while i was typin here complainin how my dad's orders havent arrived yet... someone rang the door bell and guess what?... it was the mail man from purolator...!.... what a coincidence... when i didn't expect it to come, it comes...

thx FS!
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Kerlo wrote:It is kinda stupid though . . . especially when they have restocked the item twice or three times since my order.
That's true. Both items I ordered were re-stocked as well. They should have satisfied the people that placed orders first before offering more on the website. Very poor service in my oppinion.

s.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
mahjongmaniac wrote:while i was typin here complainin how my dad's orders havent arrived yet... someone rang the door bell and guess what?... it was the mail man from purolator...!.... what a coincidence... when i didn't expect it to come, it comes...

thx FS!
Ha, that's great! At least some people get to have fun playing with their new toys over the weekend! :)

s.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
*sigh.. both of my orders say in transit and one said it was on a truck on delivery before it was updated and changed to in transit. When's the latest time purolator stops delivery cause I gotta go out!.. It's probably not gonna come,.. the status was on delivery since 10am.

Even worse is that Purolator is off Jan 1, 2, and 3rd.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8953 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
ims till waiting for my Logitech X-230... not shippable still.. >_< ... as for my other online orders i got impatient... so i went to the local BB and got myself the Samsung MiniDV, 250gb HD and a 160gb HD.... good thing they had lots in the store...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
cmge wrote:ims till waiting for my Logitech X-230... not shippable still.. >_< ... as for my other online orders i got impatient... so i went to the local BB and got myself the Samsung MiniDV, 250gb HD and a 160gb HD.... good thing they had lots in the store...
yea, that's the worst part. Both of my items were in store and in stock a few days after boxing day at the same price. So in the end, I didn't even have to order midnight on boxing day.. :mad:
Dec 28, 2003
159 posts
I'm sittting here happily waiting for my packages from BB which will most likely not arrive

I called purolator asking whaat's up since the package has been on the truck since yesterday and yesterday they told me I'd get it sometime that day and today they tell me I'm prolly not getting it because he has too many orders and they have no guarantee for futureshop orders

Did I not pay $10 for a bloody 48 hour guarantee? :<
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
mystro wrote:I'm sittting here happily waiting for my packages from BB which will most likely not arrive

I called purolator asking whaat's up since the package has been on the truck since yesterday and yesterday they told me I'd get it sometime that day and today they tell me I'm prolly not getting it because he has too many orders and they have no guarantee for futureshop orders

Did I not pay $10 for a bloody 48 hour guarantee? :<
heh.. goin through the same thing, one order has been in transit for 3 days and the other one has been on the vehicle for delivery since 10am. I didn't pay for the other shipping option though, just purolator ground.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
mystro wrote:Did I not pay $10 for a bloody 48 hour guarantee? :<
Interesting. They offer faster shipping yet, how can they do that if items that people want aren't even in stock??

s.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
haha, stupid Purolator didn't even bother trying to deliver and just left a notice in my mailbox and now I can't pick-up until the 4th, just great :cheesygri
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Mike71 wrote:haha, stupid Purolator didn't even bother trying to deliver and just left a notice in my mailbox and now I can't pick-up until the 4th, just great :cheesygri
some of em are bastards. If it doesn't require a signature they'll just leave it at the door, what's the point of leaving the notice in your mailbox, just ring the goddman door bell to see if anyone's there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6592 posts
177 upvotes
I just cancelled my order too. It wasn't ready to be shipped and the rebate coupon expired yesterday. I guess FS is hoping not everyone will cancel their orders. One more reason why I don't like those buggers.

My <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150 target=_blank>Tigerdirect</a> order going back to before Boxing Day has been lost. UPS told me to contact TD to have them trace the parcel. TD hasnt returned any of my emails. My first and last experience with these guys. Just my luck!