• Jul 6th, 2020 9:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1054 posts
1615 upvotes

Anyone else's Amazon emails change?

It's been a few months now, but keep forgetting to ask others.

At some point, my Amazon emails changed. They used to say your Amazon order has shipped, now they say your Amazon order has been dispatched.

Also, both the confirmation and the shipping email do not have pictures or a description of the item anymore. No item title, no picture, nothing, have to click the order number to see that. Only the price of the item in the email.

It's not a browser issue, have tried on many different devices and outside my network, in my network, 3g etc. It's also no a scam, or fraud, these are legitimate Amazon emails.

Anyone else having this happen?
Last edited by Jokerpersona on Jul 6th, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7895 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Jokerpersona wrote: It's been a few months now, but keep forgetting to ask others.

At some point, my Amazon emails changed. They used to say your Amazon order has shipped, now they day your Amazon order has been dispatched.

Also, both the confirmation and the shipping email do not have pictures or a description of the item anymore. No item title, no picture, nothing, have to click the order number to see that.

It's not a browser issue, have tried on many different devices and outside my network, in my network, 3g etc.

Anyone else having this happen?
Scam or fraudster
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1054 posts
1615 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: Scam or fraudster
No, it's legitimate Amazon emails.

Pricing matches the orders I place, link takes me to the correct order and everything is correct. I would know if it was fraud. It isn't.
May 25, 2020
68 posts
96 upvotes
BC
Hi, they changed it now. Same thing happened to me last month. I haven't shopped on Amazon in a while so I chatted with someone on Amazon and they said they don't include your address or the items you purchase in the emails no more.
Jun 19, 2015
965 posts
1020 upvotes
Yep, they changed it a little while ago to include almost no information.
Nov 23, 2017
54 posts
56 upvotes
Same. No need to worry. I looked through my orders in the past couple months and it's exactly what you're describing. It's a pita no doubt now you have to click through their website to keep track of which item is being shipped
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12640 posts
7763 upvotes
Markham
Since when they changed? Here is my june 24th order
Images
  • C5968C82-3A8D-4091-9448-ED0A519E9F1D.jpeg
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21010 posts
5588 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Jokerpersona wrote: At some point, my Amazon emails changed. They used to say your Amazon order has shipped, now they say your Amazon order has been dispatched.

Also, both the confirmation and the shipping email do not have pictures or a description of the item anymore. No item title, no picture, nothing, have to click the order number to see that. Only the price of the item in the email.
Now that you mention it, I checked my e-mails and saw the same thing.

It says "dispatched" and does not contain a summary of what items are coming.

The change happened sometime from Apr 20-22.
April 20th, I have an e-mail in the old format. April 22, another order shipped, and it says "dispatched".
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1054 posts
1615 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Now that you mention it, I checked my e-mails and saw the same thing.

It says "dispatched" and does not contain a summary of what items are coming.

The change happened sometime from Apr 20-22.
April 20th, I have an e-mail in the old format. April 22, another order shipped, and it says "dispatched".
Yup, noticed the same dates when I checked.

What's weird is its not everyone, some changed, some didn't.