Automotive

Anyone Ever Deal with Coliseum Auto Sales - 2

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 11:24 am
[OP]
Apr 6, 2019
2 posts

Anyone Ever Deal with Coliseum Auto Sales - 2

Very unhappy with this dealership! Misleading practices!

When I purchased a 2015 Toyota Corolla, which was advertised as 'practically new' and I find few small scratches/dents - should have been my clue.
I agreed to pay full asking price, if they add few small item to the already included safety in vehicle's price; oil change, AC gas top-up, touchup paint repair.
Instead of doing the manufacturer's recommended synthetic oil change, they put regular oil - to save $15 on their cost. Of course, I only find this out after I gave them the cheque.
They told me 'oilchange is oilchange'. They will succesfuly mislead anybody who does not take the time to research the details, and end up destroying the engine.
19 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14110 posts
8515 upvotes
Toronto
lol, what? A 2015 car is expected to have small scratches/possible dents. Why on earth you would pay full asking is beyond me. So, interesting note, a 2015 may and likely still have factory warranty. Did you find out if there was factory warranty on the vehicle before buying? Did you perform a pre purchase inspection? Would you just throw your money at anyone willing to take it for a 2015 corolla?

Also, isn't corolla the best in reliability? I don't believe the engine destroyed.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27782 posts
12846 upvotes
Toronto
how did you find out they use regular oil ?

even with regular oil, unless they used the incorrect type, the engine should run fine, assuming you have not taking this beast to the track Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1843 posts
1057 upvotes
Your few items add up to under $100 lol You are a salesperson's wet dream.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13273 posts
7409 upvotes
Toronto
the number of threadfails as of late is amazing.

OP basically admits to buyers remorse due to his own inability to negotiate and then complains about the oil change "destroying the engine".

it's a Corolla OP, not an Aventador, you could probably run Canola oil in it and it would be fine.

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1579 posts
1396 upvotes
Toronto
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a regular oil change OP. If that and a few small scratches are your biggest issues with a 2015 Corolla, I'd say you're making an issue out of nothing.

Edit:

Aaanddd after looking up some of their reviews online I would say the oil change is probably the least of your problems OP!!

Run!!
Last edited by xjesterxx on Apr 9th, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1843 posts
1057 upvotes
Also want to add, you should find out if they actually did "top up" as you requested. Because if they did, they likely just used a can of R12 in your R134A system which could potential damage your AC system. The system should be vacuumed and filled and find the source of the leak.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5650 posts
1823 upvotes
Space
Colosseum was scummy 10 years ago, I doubt anything changed.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2048 posts
548 upvotes
Woodbridge
bro you bought a toyota. The beast doesn't need synthetic, the engine will run fine on old mcdonald's frying oil.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1125 posts
625 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
You bought a Corolla, it's the Chuck Norris of cars! It will run fine without oil. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
How can you destroy a Corolla engine? You can literally do nothing to it and it will be fine.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13606 posts
8561 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Cool story bro!
RedFlagCoroll wrote: Very unhappy with this dealership! Misleading practices!

When I purchased a 2015 Toyota Corolla, which was advertised as 'practically new' and I find few small scratches/dents - should have been my clue.
I agreed to pay full asking price, if they add few small item to the already included safety in vehicle's price; oil change, AC gas top-up, touchup paint repair.
Instead of doing the manufacturer's recommended synthetic oil change, they put regular oil - to save $15 on their cost. Of course, I only find this out after I gave them the cheque.
They told me 'oilchange is oilchange'. They will succesfuly mislead anybody who does not take the time to research the details, and end up destroying the engine.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Apr 6, 2019
2 posts
If a car is recommended by manufacturer to use synthetic oil, than that what is suppose to be used.
This is not to say that regular oil is no good, but it should go in the cars where manufacturer recommends it.

Scratches are expected, but the point here was that they mislead customers - say one thing and the reality is different.

Here is an older post, about this same company;
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/anyone-e ... es-299203/

Yes, checked, this case oil was changed, but with wrong oil. CArfax and mechanical was done.