Food & Drink

Anyone ever got free pizza from Pizza Pizza?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7123 posts
2958 upvotes
nippleholic wrote: Another weird thing I noticed is that they also used to sell cigarettes(?!). I don't remember that...
Sure, if you didn't want to hike down to the pharmacy to buy some. lol. 1991.
Last edited by lecale on Jan 8th, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2013
1166 posts
1367 upvotes
Scarborough
lecale wrote:
Sure, if you didn't want to hike down to the pharmacy to buy some. lol. 1991.
Wasn't my post, dude. Was someone else's from some time back that I replied to with quote. I remember very well how cigs were all over those days, if you checked my post here from above (Post #98):
Strafe1 wrote: Ah yes, the days when tobacco was ruling all over the world. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

On billboards. On glossy, glamourous magazine pages. Race car drivers' suits and on their race cars along with the names of the racing tournaments they were participating in. Pro tennis and golf tournaments. Remember the Symphony Of Fire Canada Day fireworks presented by Benson & Hedges?

People smoking everywhere. In offices, malls, airports, restaurants, coffee shops, airplanes! What a time that used to be. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7123 posts
2958 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: Wasn't my post, dude. Was someone else's from some time back that I replied to with quote. I remember very well how cigs were all over those days, if you checked my post here from above (Post #98):
Sorry about the mis-attribution. Fixed it. I still marvel that pharmacies once sold ciggies.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2013
1166 posts
1367 upvotes
Scarborough
lecale wrote: Sorry about the mis-attribution. Fixed it. I still marvel that pharmacies once sold ciggies.
That's cool.

Though considering the bizarre history of the pharmacy industry, it's not far-fetched as it sounds. I studied and worked in a pharmacy, so I got a whole run down of all the crazy practices and stuff that was sold and dispensed in the early pharmacies or apothecaries as they were called.

When they sold Coca Cola in the original glass bottles actually made with cocaine. They even sold ice cream those days in pharmacies. I guess each could have been for non-sedative and pain relief purposes when they hadn't come around to modern drugs as much for those kind of ailments.

Remember when cigarettes were being heavily pimped out by the big tobacco companies collaborating with the health departments up until the 60s, especially to women for their "slimming" purposes. It was so fashionable up until the later 90s when the government finally kicked in to the big lie and started the war on tobacco with all the graphic disclaimers, hit hard with the price hikes to discourage people from starting up, banning widespread advertisements and sponsoring for major events.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3046 posts
1137 upvotes
Scarborough
Strafe1 wrote: Just replying to seeing this from the earlier bump. The partial credit would sound the better and logical way to go. Wouldn't want a really pissed off staff there to put "something extra" onto your replacement out of spite and retaliation! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Cool story though! Winking Face
Pizza Pizza isn't your conventional mom and pop pizza shop, it's a franchise with an enormous amount of resources. They have plenty of staff and cameras everywhere, the pizza maker gets paid either way it's not like it comes out of his/her pocket. Every store receives complaints it's monitored by head office which they release stats on evaluation of returned products. I would be more pissed at someone ordering a large pizza order 10 minutes till closing. Let's also try and remember that if the instructions were in the work order (receipt) and the staff did indeed overlook it the customer is in the right 100% and the person who "forgot" to not cut the pizza needs to know they were wrong.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
3103 posts
1190 upvotes
Was hoping somebody here can help me. Has anyone ordered Pizza Pizza's "Pickup Specials" on their website? Not sure if I am allowed to order as a "guest" or I have to create an account?

https://www5.pizzapizza.ca/catalog/prod ... 1/delivery

Here's my question. Why is there a delivery charge of $3.75 during the checkout? My order I'm specifically trying to do a pickup and get the pickup special and it's not a delivery.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
42334 posts
5782 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
OrangeBerry wrote: Pizza Pizza isn't your conventional mom and pop pizza shop, it's a franchise with an enormous amount of resources. They have plenty of staff and cameras everywhere, the pizza maker gets paid either way it's not like it comes out of his/her pocket. Every store receives complaints it's monitored by head office which they release stats on evaluation of returned products. I would be more pissed at someone ordering a large pizza order 10 minutes till closing. Let's also try and remember that if the instructions were in the work order (receipt) and the staff did indeed overlook it the customer is in the right 100% and the person who "forgot" to not cut the pizza needs to know they were wrong.
When you say it like that... it might be that too many rfd’ers used this trick. They made note of it, and sent a memo to all the stores to watch out for it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3046 posts
1137 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: When you say it like that... it might be that too many rfd’ers used this trick. They made note of it, and sent a memo to all the stores to watch out for it.
It's not a trick though, you need to understand that if the customer asks for their pizza not to be cut and it arrives cut then they need to make it right and fix it. The memo should be sent out to all the cooks and tell them to carefully read the instructions since it's costing the company money. Companies like Pizza Pizza strive on customer service even if the customer is in the wrong they will still put the blame on the store owner.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
42334 posts
5782 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
OrangeBerry wrote: It's not a trick though, you need to understand that if the customer asks for their pizza not to be cut and it arrives cut then they need to make it right and fix it. The memo should be sent out to all the cooks and tell them to carefully read the instructions since it's costing the company money. Companies like Pizza Pizza strive on customer service even if the customer is in the wrong they will still put the blame on the store owner.
How is it not a trick?
Its a tricky move. Thats why they fall for it. Very rarely do people order an unsliced pizza.

It seems like a trick. Because according to rfd a lot of pizza pizza’s get tricked into giving free pizzas.

You ask for a pepperoni pizza and 10 times out of 10 you’ll get a pepperoni pizza.
You ask for an unsliced pizza you end up getting it sliced most of the time (according to rfd).

I personally never tried...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3046 posts
1137 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: How is it not a trick?
Its a tricky move. Thats why they fall for it. Very rarely do people order an unsliced pizza.

It seems like a trick. Because according to rfd a lot of pizza pizza’s get tricked into giving free pizzas.

You ask for a pepperoni pizza and 10 times out of 10 you’ll get a pepperoni pizza.
You ask for an unsliced pizza you end up getting it sliced most of the time (according to rfd).

I personally never tried...
A trick is when you fool someone into falling for something, this situation is lack of reading skills. If someone cannot follow simple instructions who's to blame? It's worked for me many times but keep in mind they only credit you for the pizza not the entire order, so the rest of the food (dips and pop) you still out of pocket and tip. It's best to get a replacement than it would be to get a credit but then you run into the issue of them wanting the pizza back.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
42334 posts
5782 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
OrangeBerry wrote: A trick is when you fool someone into falling for something, this situation is lack of reading skills. If someone cannot follow simple instructions who's to blame? It's worked for me many times but keep in mind they only credit you for the pizza not the entire order, so the rest of the food (dips and pop) you still out of pocket and tip. It's best to get a replacement than it would be to get a credit but then you run into the issue of them wanting the pizza back.
Ok now its a mAtter of semantics.
This the slicing vs non-slicing error occurs disproportionately compared to other special request.

That to me indicates a “trick”. Where you strategically plan something where you play on the cognitive reasoning of the employee to make them make an error.

A pizza is always sliced. Its a very rare occurrence to buy a pizza or to see a pizza that isnt sliced. Yes there are exceptions, but those are exceptions not the norm.

Another reason its a trick.... no one here ordering an unsliced pizza is doing it with good faith. The good faith that they actually wanted an un-sliced pizza to do whatever the heck they want to do with an un-sliced pizza.

Rather... they are ordering the unsliced pizza with the sole intention or tricking the employee to make an error. And error big enough to trigger pizza pizza policy to give the pizza for free.
Sounds like people here are tricking pizza pizza into giving a free pizza...

Sounds like a trick to me!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3046 posts
1137 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: Ok now its a mAtter of semantics.
This the slicing vs non-slicing error occurs disproportionately compared to other special request.

That to me indicates a “trick”. Where you strategically plan something where you play on the cognitive reasoning of the employee to make them make an error.

A pizza is always sliced. Its a very rare occurrence to buy a pizza or to see a pizza that isnt sliced. Yes there are exceptions, but those are exceptions not the norm.

Another reason its a trick.... no one here ordering an unsliced pizza is doing it with good faith. The good faith that they actually wanted an un-sliced pizza to do whatever the heck they want to do with an un-sliced pizza.

Rather... they are ordering the unsliced pizza with the sole intention or tricking the employee to make an error. And error big enough to trigger pizza pizza policy to give the pizza for free.
Sounds like people here are tricking pizza pizza into giving a free pizza...

Sounds like a trick to me!
Unless you've worked at Pizza joints like I have before, it's hard for you to call it "not normal" when people are requesting unsliced pizza. Remember, what normal to you doesn't mean it's normal to others. A very good reason to ask not to cut the pizza is for the simple fact of cross contamination, me working a Pizza places in the midst of a rush it's happened where I've mistakenly picked up the wrong cutter to cut a pizza when I'm confronted with 10 pies ready to be cut. It only takes one time for someone to notice these small things for them to make changes when placing future orders.

Also, cognitively speaking whether I plan on getting the pizza for free or not my intentions are still wanting to order and pay for a pizza. It's not like if they actually bring it cut that I will ultimately call them and complain about something else. I personally know for a fact that delivering an un-cut pizza makes the pizza hotter longer as there is no air coming in from the slices.
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2018
944 posts
903 upvotes
Pizza Pizza is about to be slammed with orders of uncut pizzas from an army of cheap RFD members
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
42334 posts
5782 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
OrangeBerry wrote: Unless you've worked at Pizza joints like I have before, it's hard for you to call it "not normal" when people are requesting unsliced pizza. Remember, what normal to you doesn't mean it's normal to others. A very good reason to ask not to cut the pizza is for the simple fact of cross contamination, me working a Pizza places in the midst of a rush it's happened where I've mistakenly picked up the wrong cutter to cut a pizza when I'm confronted with 10 pies ready to be cut. It only takes one time for someone to notice these small things for them to make changes when placing future orders.

Also, cognitively speaking whether I plan on getting the pizza for free or not my intentions are still wanting to order and pay for a pizza.
It's not like if they actually bring it cut that I will ultimately call them and complain about something else. I personally know for a fact that delivering an un-cut pizza makes the pizza hotter longer as there is no air coming in from the slices.
Thats not the intention of rfd’ers discussing and trying this trick.
They’re only doing this for a free pizza.. not because it stays hot or whatever other reasons there are.

Sounds tricky to me!

What would you describe it as? “Trying to ask for something unusual, hoping they forget, so they give me a free pizza!”
It sounds like people are fooling the system. Fooling the person making the order. “Tricking them”.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3046 posts
1137 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: Thats not the intention of rfd’ers discussing and trying this trick.
They’re only doing this for a free pizza.. not because it stays hot or whatever other reasons there are.

Sounds tricky to me!

What would you describe it as? “Trying to ask for something unusual, hoping they forget, so they give me a free pizza!”
It sounds like people are fooling the system. Fooling the person making the order. “Tricking them”.
Well if pizza does come un-cut then the person attempting the so-called "trick" is forking out full price for the pizza and no trick was applied. A trick would require this to work 100% of the time, because it doesn't I would say it's just a method. Anyone who applies this method has every intention of wanting to eat pizza.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)