• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 1:40 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 19, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote

Anyone ever resold a hotel reservation?

Currently getting nowhere with hotels.com -- swear they changed up the cancellation policy of the property after we booked it, but there's no way to prove it.

So like the title says, has anybody had any luck safely reselling or buying a hotel reservation -- we've confirmed the name on the reservation can be changed.
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3816 posts
2807 upvotes
toronto
good luck, its hard to get anyone to do a simple transaction on kijiji or facebook. I dont think you will have a easy time selling a hotel reservation unless its at a VERY discounted rate.
Got that FIDO account!
[OP]
Oct 19, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
riseagainstthemachine wrote: good luck, its hard to get anyone to do a simple transaction on kijiji or facebook. I dont think you will have a easy time selling a hotel reservation unless its at a VERY discounted rate.
It's more than 50% at the Westin in Whistler for the Sep 3 long weekend.

It's the dumbest thing, the hotel / hotels.com could easily refund me and make double.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't try, how easy is that?
Are you able to make the hotel to change the guess who suppose to check in?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Oct 19, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
MP3_SKY wrote: I haven't try, how easy is that?
Are you able to make the hotel to change the guess who suppose to check in?
Yes, the room has already been prepaid and I'm able to edit the name on the reservation.

Worst case scenario we go, but would prefer someone get a good deal who needs it.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18602 posts
13421 upvotes
Markham
glaaze83 wrote: Yes, the room has already been prepaid and I'm able to edit the name on the reservation.

Worst case scenario we go, but would prefer someone get a good deal who needs it.
Very good price and prepaid sounds like non refundable/cancelable to me. I don't know if it's transferable. (Go online and check the website and see if there's another non refundable prepaid option and read the terms).

I would say go and enjoy yourself.

Next time as you find stuff take your camera and take pics or do screenshots to document policy like what is included and cancellation policy/timing.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7742 posts
6936 upvotes
glaaze83 wrote: It's more than 50% at the Westin in Whistler for the Sep 3 long weekend.

It's the dumbest thing, the hotel / hotels.com could easily refund me and make double.
you need find someone who's going to risk paying you and then having reservation cancelled . you may be able to contact hotel and add them as a guest so that they can check in (don't think you can change name on reservation directly through hotels.com)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1678 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
glaaze83 wrote: Currently getting nowhere with hotels.com -- swear they changed up the cancellation policy of the property after we booked it, but there's no way to prove it.
If it was free cancellation the original email confirmation you received from hotels.com would state free cancellation under the Room Details. Just confirmed this looking back at one of my confirmation emails.
Dec 15, 2020
35 posts
29 upvotes
I have used Roomer Travel to sell my non-refundable hotel booking in the past. You can set the amount you are comfortable selling it for but no guarantee someone will buy. I asked their support team how they do it and although they wouldn't disclose it seemed like they just call the hotel on your behalf and change the name on the reservation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)