• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 1:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3174 posts
1081 upvotes

Anyone flying with infants right now?

Just curious on parents' thoughts about flying within Canada now with an infant.

We're considering going to Banff with our 1 year old, but we're starting to get a bit hesitant with all the news about the variant and increasing case count. Just wondering if any parents have travelled with their infant children recently and if they have any tips on keeping them safe.

We've been taking our kid out to malls and stores but we do stay vigilant and practice social distancing. We haven't been holed up in our home.
Baaaaaaaaa!
8 replies
Apr 8, 2021
343 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal
yolo, especially your kid
Enjoy life man
'2003
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6111 posts
7550 upvotes
GTA
BeefOreo wrote: yolo, especially your kid
Enjoy life man
yolo for a one year old! The kid won't remember anything.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3823 posts
2375 upvotes
Ottawa
First of all, it is almost certainly more dangerou to take a one year old to Mexico than to Banff. Covid, unlike many illnesses is far less severe in young children.

Secondly, flying has always been fairly safe and now it seems to be one of the strixtest in enforcing masks, staff are all vacinated and many passengers as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3174 posts
1081 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote: First of all, it is almost certainly more dangerou to take a one year old to Mexico than to Banff. Covid, unlike many illnesses is far less severe in young children.

Secondly, flying has always been fairly safe and now it seems to be one of the strixtest in enforcing masks, staff are all vacinated and many passengers as well.
Thanks. My main concern is really the flights to and from Alberta. But from what I've read as well, flights seem to be relatively safe.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 2, 2017
763 posts
381 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: Thanks. My main concern is really the flights to and from Alberta. But from what I've read as well, flights seem to be relatively safe.
Yes flights are safe based on the guidance/data or no one would be flying. Tune out the fear mongering you may hear otherwise.
Aug 5, 2007
394 posts
345 upvotes
everyones tested on planes so. i would worry less about flying than say going to a restaurant
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
No, with a one year old, it is not going to enjoyable when the kid is so little and have to pack so many extra stuff.
Also, the covid is a concern, they can't get vaccinate and cannot wear mask.

That's my opinion, you do whatever you feel right.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7612 posts
1683 upvotes
Scarborough
we flew back in january with 6month old twins and a 4 yr old.
it was a long-haul too with 12.5 hrs flyin time. Went well. No issues at all.
We found we had packed too much....for the kids, so much was just unnecessary

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)