Art and Photography

Anyone Free Wednesday, July 24th in Markham (evening)?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2019 9:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3107 posts
414 upvotes

Anyone Free Wednesday, July 24th in Markham (evening)?

I have a creative shoot in Markham tonight and could use an extra hand.

If you love photography and basketball and are free from 7:30-9:30pm tonight in Markham, please PM me. It's going to be a really cool shoot but prefer to keep the details on the downlow. Unfortunately I can't compensate monetarily (because this is a free creative shoot I am doing for someone), but you will likely learn a bit about lighting and portraiture.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13547 posts
8509 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
At least offer some incentives! Free booze or food.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3107 posts
414 upvotes
I usually charge for 1:1 lessons so consider it a free lesson. I always pay when I'm doing work, but this is 100% free. It's actually going to be pretty cool, especially for basketball people.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11132 posts
6151 upvotes
Markham
neltron3030 wrote: I usually charge for 1:1 lessons so consider it a free lesson. I always pay when I'm doing work, but this is 100% free. It's actually going to be pretty cool, especially for basketball people.
Don't think it's 100% free...you're likely to get something if not PR.

It depends on what the "extra hand" is for....if it's for lugging your gear, there's not much "lesson" to be learned except "lesson learned - don't volunteer yourself for something you don't have more specifics on".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3107 posts
414 upvotes
That's what the PM is for.

I could use an extra hand but it also isn't totally necessary. It's a cool shoot that would be interesting to a lot of people who might be in the area already. If you're arrogant enough to think you can't learn anything from assisting on a creative shoot, then clearly this isn't for you.

The last basketball shoot I did similarly had three volunteers that all learned a lot. I just did a 1:1 lesson yesterday involving lighting that won't even touch what I'm trying to achieve this evening. So yeah, whatever free is.
Jul 12, 2010
466 posts
75 upvotes
I would have been totally down if it wasn't so far..hehe I;m in sauga and getting uptown during rush hour isn't my jam
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13216 posts
6984 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I have no personal affiliation but I can vouch for OP just by looking at his portfolio, there are nuances of higher level shutter control and lightning techniques while looking very natural in editing. The couple at the fair is fantastic, go ahead and try to replicate it before judging.

I think it be fun working with him and bouncing ideas, but I’m just too far and I’m a working professional outside of photography. I can barely squeeze the few shoots and weddings I do. If you’re already somewhat versed and educated in lighting, I think you will get lot out of this. If you know nothing, you’ll pick up basics and avoid bad habits from the start.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4581 posts
1830 upvotes
Ancaster
I would love to, but coming in from Burlington would be a nightmare. I hope those who attend have fun and learn a lot. Might this have anything to do with your K'wine and Dine promotion?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4390 posts
2484 upvotes
I totally missed this and would have done it for legendary Mr. Ta.