Automotive

Anyone get below MSRP for a Hyundai Palisade?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 6:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3147 posts
2554 upvotes

Anyone get below MSRP for a Hyundai Palisade?

Hey guys,

A good friend of mine is looking for a 2022 Hyundai Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy and I was wondering if there are any high volume Hyundai Dealerships that can make deals right now? I know that most dealerships are MSRP+ at the moment. I bought a Hyundai from Brian Tan back in the day at Nav Bhatia's (Raptors Superfan) Dealership and got an amazing deal. Willing to travel anywhere from Windsor to Barrie to Eastern Toronto if there are any sales people here or if anyone can recommend a dealership where one might be able to get below MSRP.

Thanks!
30 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
LOL @ selling Hyundai at over MSRP. I don't care if it's Palisade Ultimate Jamigraphy Superglactic Fragalistic edition, over MSRP for a Hyundai is lulz. Guess there's suckers born every minute. Just tell them some nonsense about "shortages" and they'll pay any crazy amount for anything I guess, Hyundai included :lol:

Love to see the look on their faces a few years down the road when their mighty Palisade Fantasic Edition is still worth nothing on the used market.
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1731 upvotes
Clarington, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL @ selling Hyundai at over MSRP. I don't care if it's Palisade Ultimate Jamigraphy Superglactic Fragalistic edition, over MSRP for a Hyundai is lulz. Guess there's suckers born every minute. Just tell them some nonsense about "shortages" and they'll pay anything for anything I guess, Hyundai included :lol:
Go see Nav Bhatia. Tell him you like the raptors.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1162 posts
1163 upvotes
Toronto
I heard the Palisades are really high in demand. No way you can get a discount on those.

People are stacked in 2021, everyone is bidding above asking for everything.

Nav Bhatia and his Mississauga dealer pulled out from a binding sale a while back. Huge incompetence on his part and his employees. Not buying a Hyundai anytime soon, specially from his dealer.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
Thorkell wrote: I heard the Palisades are really high in demand. No way you can get a discount on those.

People are stacked in 2021, everyone is bidding above asking for everything.
This is the entire problem I'm talking about. People going on about how "they heard" this or that and "no way there's a discount" and then it leads to the same crap about "everyone bidding high on things" and all this nonsense instead of giving their heads a shake and realising, it's. A. Hyundai.

This "everyone's doing it" and everyone is falling for nonsense "shortage" BS to the point at which they are "bidding high" to buy...Hyundais...you know something is wrong here. I mean for what? So you can "keep up with the Joneses"? Wake up call you ain't keepin' up with no Joneses with a Hyundai, number one. Number two, hate to bring in the "dad" explanation here but if everyone were jumping off cliffs to their doom, would you do it too?

Again, who's gonna feel like a sucker few years from now when they have to defend paying too much for a Hyundai by saying "oh well everyone was doing it back then"? :facepalm: Even on a lease, a shitty lease deal is not gonna look any better in a few years where you realise you're paying way too much monthly for your Hyundai which is probably on fire by then lol.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4167 posts
1550 upvotes
BC
ES_Revenge wrote: it's. A. Hyundai.
It doesn't matter what you think
Action is louder than words, and they are selling like hot cakes.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1967 posts
2704 upvotes
GTA
iownyou wrote: It doesn't matter what you think
Action is louder than words, and they are selling like hot cakes.
This is true.

Everyone on the internet is Warren Buffet. In real life, I bet plenty of posters get carried away and happily overpay for the convenience.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1162 posts
1163 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: This is the entire problem I'm talking about. People going on about how "they heard" this or that and "no way there's a discount" and then it leads to the same crap about "everyone bidding high on things" and all this nonsense instead of giving their heads a shake and realising, it's. A. Hyundai.

This "everyone's doing it" and everyone is falling for nonsense "shortage" BS to the point at which they are "bidding high" to buy...Hyundais...you know something is wrong here. I mean for what? So you can "keep up with the Joneses"? Wake up call you ain't keepin' up with no Joneses with a Hyundai, number one. Number two, hate to bring in the "dad" explanation here but if everyone were jumping off cliffs to their doom, would you do it too?

Again, who's gonna feel like a sucker few years from now when they have to defend paying too much for a Hyundai by saying "oh well everyone was doing it back then"? :facepalm: Even on a lease, a shitty lease deal is not gonna look any better in a few years where you realise you're paying way too much monthly for your Hyundai which is probably on fire by then lol.
Doesn't matter if you think "ITS A HYUNDAI". This thought is so 20 years old. I used to be driven in a Hyundai 80kms one way everyday for 3 years and it never had a problem. It was bulletproof.

They have come a long way. Believe it or not the demand is pretty strong for the Pallisade/Telluride.

I agree with everything else you are saying, but this is what having cheap money does (CERB, low interest rates, HELOCs) and fast returns via stocks and crypto. Everything can be had with a seemingly affordable bi-weekly/monthly payment. Its so bad right now even my Civic went up in price in the used market.
Apr 22, 2019
415 posts
451 upvotes
You can def try getting Nav to throw in a free extinguisher
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
Thorkell wrote: Doesn't matter if you think "ITS A HYUNDAI". This thought is so 20 years old. I used to be driven in a Hyundai 80kms one way everyday for 3 years and it never had a problem. It was bulletproof.
Actually I meant it's a Hyundai as in it's not a Ferrari or a Lambo or something, it's nothing special. I didn't mean this as something against Hyundai per se. Would have said the exact same if it were a Ford we were talking about; or a Honda; or a Chevy that's not a Corvette, ZL1, etc.; or a cheesewagon Toyblowta. All the same--they're run-of-the-mill regular cars we're talking about. If you're paying more than MSRP for a Palisade or a Pilot or a Pathfinder? Don't matter. You need to give your head a shake before doing something like that!

Regardless of what you or I think about Hyundai reliability (or flammability lol) it's resale is likely going to be on the poor side. It's not like it's a Porsche we're talking about here; even if you get lucky, resale value will be "average" at the very best. So a decision to buy one at over MSRP because someone has the notion that "everyone else is doing it" or that it's somehow really worth over MSRP... I think that person ought to check themselves in for psych evaluation first.
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1731 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Thorkell wrote: Doesn't matter if you think "ITS A HYUNDAI". This thought is so 20 years old. I used to be driven in a Hyundai 80kms one way everyday for 3 years and it never had a problem. It was bulletproof.
My Rogue gets run 120 round trip. We've owned for 5 years. I've done brakes and tires. Oh and it has one of those hated cvt things. Still wouldn't buy a hyundai. 20 years later and things haven't changed.
Penalty Box
May 3, 2010
317 posts
143 upvotes
Brampton
Doesn't matter if it is Hyundai or Toyota. SUV is different matter that has better chance of resale value compared to sedans of Toyota. Hyundai crossovers are in huge demand especially Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade.
Aug 5, 2007
394 posts
345 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Actually I meant it's a Hyundai as in it's not a Ferrari or a Lambo or something, it's nothing special. I didn't mean this as something against Hyundai per se. Would have said the exact same if it were a Ford we were talking about; or a Honda; or a Chevy that's not a Corvette, ZL1, etc.; or a cheesewagon Toyblowta. All the same--they're run-of-the-mill regular cars we're talking about. If you're paying more than MSRP for a Palisade or a Pilot or a Pathfinder? Don't matter. You need to give your head a shake before doing something like that!

Regardless of what you or I think about Hyundai reliability (or flammability lol) it's resale is likely going to be on the poor side. It's not like it's a Porsche we're talking about here; even if you get lucky, resale value will be "average" at the very best. So a decision to buy one at over MSRP because someone has the notion that "everyone else is doing it" or that it's somehow really worth over MSRP... I think that person ought to check themselves in for psych evaluation first.
nothing is worth over msrp, however if you need a new car NOW, you gotta pay up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6334 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The Palisade and Telluride are in demand SUVs from a value and performance perspective. They're also affected like EVERY manufacturer of ANYTHING by supply of Microchip and Semiconductors. Combine those factors and you'll get a shortage which allows for minimal discounting.

Having said that, use the regular channels, and you should be able to pay just above Invoice.
--
I like detailing cars!
Sep 14, 2006
321 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
m4gician wrote: The Palisade and Telluride are in demand SUVs from a value and performance perspective. They're also affected like EVERY manufacturer of ANYTHING by supply of Microchip and Semiconductors. Combine those factors and you'll get a shortage which allows for minimal discounting.

Having said that, use the regular channels, and you should be able to pay just above Invoice.
What’s the “regular channels”?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6334 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cleanvibe wrote: What’s the “regular channels”?
your unhaggles, your carcost canadas, your dealership email blasts, etc. The standard way RFD buys new cars
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3149 posts
1720 upvotes
AB
Where are people seeing over msrp? As far as I know that is allowed in USA, but not in Canada. You should easily be able to buy a car for MSRP all day long here.

Some dealers get around this by selling them as "used" or adding tons of accessories or warranties on them. Simply ask for no add ons and away you go.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4607 posts
1839 upvotes
GTA
I really don't understand the hate Hyundai receives, especially given the bulk of it seems to stem from people who have never even owned the brand. Why does it bother you so much if someone wants to buy a Palisade? It's clearly a good vehicle based upon the countless positive reviews from automotive journalists, owners, etc.

Regardless OP, given your friend is willing to travel for a deal, I'd advise them to try and contact some of the dealers a bit further outside of the GTA core as they may be more motivated to "wheel and deal". If you search the forum there was a thread a while back about deals other members were able to secure on the vehicle but I'm not sure how relevant that would be now due to the current climate/inventory.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1221 posts
1675 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
The_Professor wrote: I really don't understand the hate Hyundai receives, especially given the bulk of it seems to stem from people who have never even owned the brand. Why does it bother you so much if someone wants to buy a Palisade? It's clearly a good vehicle based upon the countless positive reviews from automotive journalists, owners, etc.

Regardless OP, given your friend is willing to travel for a deal, I'd advise them to try and contact some of the dealers a bit further outside of the GTA core as they may be more motivated to "wheel and deal". If you search the forum there was a thread a while back about deals other members were able to secure on the vehicle but I'm not sure how relevant that would be now due to the current climate/inventory.
I dont think there's anything wrong with Hyundai but their resale value is trash... I supposed if you drive it till it dies than its worth getting it assuming it last as long as it should...
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3008 upvotes
I think no one deserves to post in Red Flag Deals if they are willing to pay over MSRP.

Just hand back your RFD membership card, and do the walk of shame.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)