Shopping Discussion

Anyone getting extras from Rogers for not having TSN2?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2008 9:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2008
7 posts

Anyone getting extras from Rogers for not having TSN2?

I've heard that Rogers is close to a deal with TSN2 but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I missed the Raptors game tonight because Rogers doesn't have TSN2. I was wondering if anyone complained to Rogers about it and received any extras eg. bonus channels, discounts etc. I'm thinking about switching to Bell because I don't want to miss any more Raptors games.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2980 posts
315 upvotes
if you find out something, please let me know.

I was pretty pissed tonight too for mising the raptors game. wtf is up wit this tsn2 busines anyway??
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
Yeah, I got 1 year free PVR and a discount on my service.

I told her that Bell offered to give me 1 year free HDPVR + they have TSN2 and I was quickly transferred to retentions and I was given what I wanted.
Banned
Sep 18, 2008
696 posts
1 upvote
RaptorPower wrote: I've heard that Rogers is close to a deal with TSN2 but I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I missed the Raptors game tonight because Rogers doesn't have TSN2. I was wondering if anyone complained to Rogers about it and received any extras eg. bonus channels, discounts etc. I'm thinking about switching to Bell because I don't want to miss any more Raptors games.
For my self its not worth the switch.
Oct 16, 2007
681 posts
88 upvotes
Heh, maybe we should all form a coalition and spam Rogers until they cave. I've been bitter about this issue since the summer.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4490 posts
1704 upvotes
GTA
While it pisses me off as well, why is everyone automatically blaming Rogers? TSN was the one who decided to put it on a channel that people in Toronto don't have access to, and they may be asking a lot of Rogers ($$$) to carry it.

I just hope when it does become available that it's either included or will only cost a nominal charge of say $2 per month.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
The_Professor wrote: While it pisses me off as well, why is everyone automatically blaming Rogers? TSN was the one who decided to put it on a channel that people in Toronto don't have access to, and they may be asking a lot of Rogers ($$$) to carry it.

I just hope when it does become available that it's either included or will only cost a nominal charge of say $2 per month.
I can see them both at fault. Two greedy companies.

TSN wanting to charge money for it and Rogers being the cheapass company they are... not wanting to pay.

Look at it from both ways.

If you were Rogers, would you want to pay TSN money for a station that they should already be provided as Rogers probably already pays them for TSN1.

If you were TSN, you are offering another station so you want money because the other companies have offered money.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2005
1506 posts
81 upvotes
I wouldn't switch to Bell because of TSN2.
I have Rogers too and in the mean time, I'm watching low quality raptors games on TSN2 on this site:
http://nba-cast.tk/
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
_Jason_ wrote: I wouldn't switch to Bell because of TSN2.
I have Rogers too and in the mean time, I'm watching low quality raptors games on TSN2 on this site:
http://nba-cast.tk/
Well there's no point of switching NOW anyways... because they are close to working on a deal (so they say).
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2007
1021 posts
82 upvotes
I hope they won't make us pay for TSN2 if we already have TSN, they get enough from the commercials they play anyways.
Officially joined the ranks of Deal addicts across the country - 12/12/07
Once you get the first taste of great deals you can't stop...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9700 posts
762 upvotes
Markham
Yeah, it's really annoying missing yet another game because I don't have TSN2.

But considering how bad the Raptors are playing, we aren't missing too much.
May 31, 2008
77 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I herd Rogers was close to deal when TSN2 first came out. I won't believe anything till I see it on the screen.