Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Anyone getting the Nothing1 headphones?

They are calling it The budget AirPods Pro. I tried ordering but the website says they’re all sold out.

$130ish isn’t bad. Recently got the beats studio buds and the subtle difference from the pros makes me appreciate the pros little nuances so much more. As I get bolder comfort is so important maybe more than sound. Nothing to date has really come close to the pros comfort and NC and transparency.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2037 posts
1442 upvotes
Vancouver
Might as well get AirPods then. It is impossible to beat the U1 chip from my experience. The sound quality is so much better and the connection is stable. With BT headphones, they shift into "Headset" mode with terrible sound quality, when on calls. No such thing happens with AirPods
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5037 posts
2028 upvotes
Vancouver
Definitely NEVER....

"is the definition of putting lipstick on a pig."

I also suggest watching the El Jefe reviews is you use your earbuds for taking calls. He does elaborate mic tests of the units.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ELJefeReviews/videos

Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2589 posts
1546 upvotes
Calgary
kramer1 wrote: Might as well get AirPods then. It is impossible to beat the U1 chip from my experience. The sound quality is so much better and the connection is stable. With BT headphones, they shift into "Headset" mode with terrible sound quality, when on calls. No such thing happens with AirPods
Airpods use Bluetooth, and I'm sorry - sound quality is not their strong suit. Voice calls are great, but that's because of the mics - not some fancy U1 tricks. They're still Bluetooth.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2037 posts
1442 upvotes
Vancouver
Not on an iPhone. There is no BT profiles BS on an iPhone with the AirPods. No headset mode when taking calls with super degraded sound quality.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)