[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1489 posts
528 upvotes
GTA

Anyone gone traveling with Free & Easy?

Hi

Looking to go away for 20 days on a trip (with a guide) with the company https://www.freeandeasytraveler.com ...

Has anyone heard or gone with them? Good? Bad? Ugly? trying to avoid Contiki tour

Last edited by ericlewis91 on Feb 19th, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1460 posts
956 upvotes
Near You
You can easily arrange a trip by yourself for much less than what they charge, I fail to see how they are helpful.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Jan 12, 2014
125 posts
43 upvotes
TORONTO
mistytalon wrote: You can easily arrange a trip by yourself for much less than what they charge, I fail to see how they are helpful.
Oh come on, the whole point of group tours is that you don't need to arrange anything yourself. You don't need to worry about transportation, where to stay, where to eat usually (since they'll at minimum recommend places). You don't need to figure out border crossings, worry about getting scammed on any tours you do within a country. If you're not as comfortable socially, you'll always have people to eat, drink and do activities with, take photos for you, etc.

I hate group travel, especially organized group travel like this, but "fail[ing] to see how they are helpful" is the height of idiocy.

For the OP, I've heard good things about Free & Easy. Understand that they won't be that different from Contiki. You'll end up with a high % (maybe even 100%) of Canadians (whereas Contiki tends to attract a little more international crowd and certainly more Aussies), but the experience has a high chance of being the same you'd get with Contiki.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
856 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
How the heck did this post get 40 down votes?
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8567 upvotes
GTHA
poleman wrote: How the heck did this post get 40 down votes?
Thread was in the 'hot deals' forum before being moved here.