Home & Garden

Anyone good with refrigerator repair?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2021 11:22 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 17, 2006
617 posts
329 upvotes

Anyone good with refrigerator repair?

I have a 13 year old GE profile refrigerator (French door bottom freezer). It doesn't seem to know when to turn off and runs constantly. I have the freezer section set to 0F and the fresh food set to 37F. This morning I woke up to find it at -2 F and 33 F respectively (and still running and pumping out cool air). Now i am able to force it to stop by increasing the temp controls by 5 degrees in each compartment. I already replaced the main control board. Any other ideas?
5 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22052 posts
8462 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I am assuming the thermostat is messed up or very out of calibration
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 17, 2006
617 posts
329 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: I am assuming the thermostat is messed up or very out of calibration
Sorry, a little bit of a noob here. The fridge has a digital display with a touch pad. Where would the thermostat be located?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22052 posts
8462 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ur_too_crazy wrote: Sorry, a little bit of a noob here. The fridge has a digital display with a touch pad. Where would the thermostat be located?
I have no clue.
But Dr Google might.
Frankly an appliance repair forum may be your best bet unless we have some RFD appliance techs show up in this thread
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
11815 posts
3472 upvotes
Ontario
Google your fridges model number and issue you are having (may need to try different keywords) but you will likely find something and how to repair it. As mention above it may be a thermostat or something else
ur_too_crazy wrote: I have a 13 year old GE profile refrigerator (French door bottom freezer). It doesn't seem to know when to turn off and runs constantly. I have the freezer section set to 0F and the fresh food set to 37F. This morning I woke up to find it at -2 F and 33 F respectively (and still running and pumping out cool air). Now i am able to force it to stop by increasing the temp controls by 5 degrees in each compartment. I already replaced the main control board. Any other ideas?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6802 posts
3091 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Too bad it isn't one of the old electro-mechanicals.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China

Top