Food & Drink

Anyone had any experience with Nutrafarms?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2020 5:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: "I'm here to check your electrical stuff, shoes on or off?"
It makes sense psychologically even though it's an ass of a move.
Give people a "choice" for something and they'll overlook what the actual intent is (entering your house).

Works on kids too.
"Do you want 2 pieces of broccoli or 5?"
Oct 24, 2019
3 posts
My family and I (2 adults and two boys 6 and 8) have used nutrafarms for two years and just renewed for a third (thanks Aaron MacNeill). We have had a very good experience with the customer service reps, delivery, storage and quantity (we are on the first tier.

Overall we really like the quality and flavour of the meat and really like the fact that the meat is local (Ontario based) and naturally raised. The price is a bit higher than what I would pay at the grocery store but it’s great knowing the meat is healthy, local and free of steroids and antibiotics. I would highly recommend this product
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
17 upvotes
BradP57834 wrote: My family and I (2 adults and two boys 6 and 8) have used nutrafarms for two years and just renewed for a third (thanks Aaron MacNeill). We have had a very good experience with the customer service reps, delivery, storage and quantity (we are on the first tier.

Overall we really like the quality and flavour of the meat and really like the fact that the meat is local (Ontario based) and naturally raised. The price is a bit higher than what I would pay at the grocery store but it’s great knowing the meat is healthy, local and free of steroids and antibiotics. I would highly recommend this product
Lmao the shills are obvious! How long have you been working for Nutrafarms? Do they pay you to do this or are you hoping these obviously fake reviews are going to change people's minds? Can you tell me how many pounds you are getting? The total cost for the package?
Jun 2, 2012
312 posts
291 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Lol @mirandaalbert calling out nutrafarm shills...

For those new to the thread, mirandaalbert used to use nutrafarms until she was shocked to realize that she was getting ripped off after she did some simple math and discovered the true cost per pound after a couple of years of paying for nutrafarms. She then discovered a new, non ripoff outfit, Ottawa valley, which apparently doesn’t rip off it clients and so we should all order from them. Note that Mirandaalbert has only ever commented on this thread to promote Ottawa valley meats and bash nutrafarms

Now, nutrafarms is absolutely a scam and ripoff and you would be well advised to stay away. However, I don’t believe that mirandaalbert has our best interests at heart when she so strongly advertises her support for Ottawa valley meats....
Oct 24, 2019
3 posts
Hi

I don’t work for nutrafarms and haven’t received anything to provide my comment. The poster asked for anyone’s experience and I provided my experience, which has largely been positive. I said in my post the meat was more expensive. I feel like the cost is relatively fair and if cost per pound were my primary driver I’d get my meat at no frills. There is a premium and I’m fine with the the cost based on my experience.
Jul 31, 2018
6 posts
17 upvotes
@gemenichic we've gone over this before...I didnt bring up my current supplier until someone asked. Get back km your meds. I dont care who you use to get meat I just don't recommend Nutrafarms. You seem to have a hate boner for all companies. I get it it's an anonymous forum, you don't trust anything or anyone, but just like you I get an email when someone replies to this and I have a right to put my input in. Other users here have even called you out on your pessimistic and paranoid attitude.
Jun 2, 2012
312 posts
291 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Mirandaalbert, I continue to find it curious that in your entire time on red flags since mid 2018 you have made 6 posts. All 6 have been in this thread.

Questioning your motives in light of your post history is absolutely based on my pessimistic outlook on anonymous posters whose only posts bash one company and promote another. You not revealing the name of the company you are promoting until asked can be viewed as an attempt to make your posts seem more genuine as it would be obvious that people would eventually ask for the name of the company after you posted about your great experience with it.

Does thinking the above make me paranoid? I am not sure. If you had ever posted on any other subject, maybe. Since you have continued to limit yourself to one sided posts on this thread, I don’t think so.

I would also note that my posts in this thread have simply called you out as you have done in your own posts including the one calling Bradp7834 a shill just yesterday.

The main difference being that I managed to respond without telling you that you need to continue to receive psychiatric help or that you have a hate boner for Nutrafarms.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
BradP57834 wrote: My family of four (2 adults and 2 boys who are 6 and 8) have used nutrafarms for 2 years and just signed up for a third (thanks Aaron MacNeill).
Thank you Aaron MacNeill for your unbiased and totally not shilly opinion!
we haven’t had a problem with freezing or spoilage or anything like that.

I should hope not. Unless your freezer broke.
The cost is about $78 a week for the base package
Cost per week means nothing without the weight behind it.
Also holy $80/week for the base package. That's ridiculously expensive even for organic (which in itself is a scam but that's a different thread)
it feels great to bypass the meat isle and know we are getting a great and healthy product.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd 100% prefer the meat aisle because:

1) It's fresh instead of frozen. I can taste the difference.
2) I get to choose exactly what I want instead of being roped into a package that has a bunch of useless filler to pad out the space in my freezer to add perceived value.
Oct 24, 2019
3 posts
Again, people are entitled to their own opinions. It’s fascinating that my opinion is causing such a strong reaction for you. I’m happy with nutrafarms. If you like something else, great. Luckily we live in a place where people have choice.
Aug 12, 2012
846 posts
411 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've written about my own experience with the pushy Nutrafarms sales guy earlier in this thread, but I have a friend who is actually happy with them. They renewed for a 2nd year with them because they were happy with the quality of the meat and convenience of having it all in their freezer at home. He told me what they paid (close to $4k IIRC) and the meat they got lasted a full year (though I'm not sure how often they're cooking at home). I saw the list of meat they got and remember thinking that their money was not going a long way at all. It's definitely not for me, but they do have some satisfied customers out there.
Jan 11, 2020
4 posts
We just received our shipment from nutrafarms for the fourth year in a row. Ordering from them has been easy but also a little difficult, not because of nutrafarms but because we're not used to ordering a year's worth of meat at once. No as the payments go you only pay for 10 months of the 12, which is great in our household since I work construction. The meat has always been excellent quality, it's comparable to a farmer or butcher. It's individually vacuum sealed so you have no issues with thing becoming freezer burnt. For our family of 4 we fill 2 freezers with meat for a total of $4400 which is a great deal for us considering we used to spend 100-150 at grocery store on meat then trips to the butcher on top of that.
Jan 14, 2020
6 posts
8 upvotes
RyanD3449 wrote: We just received our shipment from nutrafarms for the fourth year in a row. Ordering from them has been easy but also a little difficult, not because of nutrafarms but because we're not used to ordering a year's worth of meat at once. No as the payments go you only pay for 10 months of the 12, which is great in our household since I work construction. The meat has always been excellent quality, it's comparable to a farmer or butcher. It's individually vacuum sealed so you have no issues with thing becoming freezer burnt. For our family of 4 we fill 2 freezers with meat for a total of $4400 which is a great deal for us considering we used to spend 100-150 at grocery store on meat then trips to the butcher on top of that.
Do you know how many pounds you got? I had a sales guy come over recently and we didn't pull the trigger despite the high pressure sales tactics. The big issue is we had no clue how much meat we were gonna get.

After googling a few reviews it seems their $3900 minimum package generally comes with 150-170lbs of meat so its $22-30/lb which we cannot justify under any terms.

There is also quite a few reddit posts about these guys. Even one where a salesperson posted a "full" reezer and someone calculated it to be $30/lb....and then there is This whole Subreddit...

Yet every once in a while I see a post like yours praising them. So can you post some pics? Maybe invoice/landing receipt?
Jan 11, 2020
4 posts
How many pounds depends on what you get, ground beef and steak vary greatly in price per lb. The rep should be able to tell you approximately how many pounds you're getting of each item and if they can't call and ask for a rep with more knowledge. If you don't get the freezer you will get it's money's worth in meat. I'm tempted to do the math and see if I'd be better off taking the freezer and selling it lol.
Jan 11, 2020
4 posts
Here's our 2 freezers after receiving our order, our fridge freezer was also packed and we have a large double door fridge.
Images
  • IMG_20200105_175819.jpg