Food & Drink

Anyone had any experience with Nutrafarms?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2020 5:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1678 posts
894 upvotes
Durham
Go to local butcher and look into their freezer packs. Same high quality meat and cheaper then Nutrafarms.
Feb 3, 2020
1 posts
4 upvotes
I would be very careful when dealing with Nutrafarms. We had a salesperson come by, they claimed they wouldn't cost us anything more then our groceries. After the presentation they said we would be best suited for a $110 a week plan...seemed extreme to me, but they insisted that we go for the bigger package for value...I said we would have to think it over and to leave some literature. He left me a sales sheet which I will attach to this post

Here is the math based on the sheet (keep in mind, this is their larger package and therefore better value one?)

Best case scenario:
Total weight of meats as listed=243lbs
Fillers removed (organs and bones)= 218lbs
Price with delivery= $4500

$20.60/LB

Realistic scenario:
Many of the cuts are what I would consider 'low end', I've attempted to adjust accordingly based on store prices
Total weight= 243lbs
Adjusted for regular cuts= 170lbs
Price with delivery= $4500

$26.47/LB
Images
  • MVIMG_20200203_152611~2.jpg
  • MVIMG_20200203_152621~2.jpg
Feb 16, 2020
1 posts
3 upvotes
L9g 1A5
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH NUTRAFARMS.....

My wife and I are very interested in improving our food quality brought into our home. We have many local farmers in the area who sell a variety of organic meats. We purchase organic meats, free run eggs, grass fed beef etc. Due to the difficulty of having to shop for and purchase these meats all the time, my wife found Nutrafarms online and decided to set up a meeting with one of their sales reps.

The rep came to our home and delivered an impressive demonstration of the products we would be receiving, how they are raised and how they would be delivered to our home. After going through the entire meeting (` 2hours) where we outlined our entire food requirements, what we eat and how much is consumed they were to provide a breakdown of all the products we would be receiving the following day sent from HQ. The rep said that they would customize our order for our needs as he didnt have the ability to that on his cpu.

We filled out all the paperwork, credit apps etc. and were very excited about the choice we made to be with local farmers and the high quality of meats. We have a 13ft3 freezer and he told us this would not be large enough to hold the large amount of products we would be receiving. We needed a 17 ft3 freezer which they would supply. The total cost of all that we ordered was in the ballpark of $5400 which included the cost of the freezer and the food to be put inside. We were to receive all of this following week.

After a couple of days with no correspondence from their head office, the order breakdown or the signed contract returned to us, we sent an email demanding a breakdown of the products we would be getting. This breakdown email was returned to us a few hours later and the order was to be delivered the following business day. To say we were disappointed in the quantity of meat being delivered would be an understatement. The amount of product being delivered was about half of what we could purchase through our local farmers who we already knew.

As this had yet to be delivered, I cancelled our order with them, put a stop payment on our deposit check and froze our account to Home Trust to ensure no direct withdrawals could be taken from our account. To say this company needs to improve transparency is an understatement.

We did have the sample of beef and it was good but based on the ~ 240lbs. of meat we would be receiving and the cost of $5400 for it all, you do the math.
May 2, 2017
7 posts
10 upvotes
They will not provide you with a breakdown of your order prior to delivery......period. Which in my professional opinion provides a legal arguement for the validity of the 'contract' you sign with them. There are three essential elements to a contract and without knowing WHAT EXACTLY you are getting, i believe there could be an argument that the contract itself is not valid. In the alternative when you sign a "contract" you are to be provided a copy of the contract at the time of signing. This also does not happen with Nutrafarms, you are provided a copy of the contract eventually BUT not until your order is delivered at which point it is pretty much too late as you're signed for your order. You sign the order form, it gets processed and they fill out how many boxes of this and how much of that you are going to receive and that is copied and provided to you upon delivery of your order, again, in my opinion, this is not a valid contract. You do have the 10 day cooling off period under the Consumer Protection act, but what happens after that? Nothing, you're stuck with a product that will not last as long as you were told it would last and you'll have payments well after the product has all been consumed. When you call them to try and sort things out or return your order and don't get the satisfaction you're looking for your call gets escalated up the ladder until you eventually hit the VP of something or other whose go to is "we will sue you", on what basis? who knows but that's his go to in order to get you, the consumer, to be quiet about your experience with Nutrafarms. He talks a good game, but he would be hard pressed to establish actual damages in order to proceed with any kind of a case. He has no legal background and does not understand the Consumer Protection Act or the Employment Standards Act for that matter.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3353 posts
1418 upvotes
Scarborough
I cannot believe some of the comments on here. "Wasted time going to the grocery store?" In case you haven't figured it out, you are still required to attend to your local grocery market for basic essentials (fruit, drinks, milk) why would it matter if you are having to go and get meat? The other thing I don't get is as much as organic the meat is and comes frozen I don't think eating a meat after 14 months is going to taste the same as buying it fresh from your local butcher the day of.

I had a guy call me and scheduled a zoom meeting but after reading how it works on here (annual purchase, credit check, requires freezer for a years worth of meals) I decided not to even bother.
Aug 16, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
It appears nutrafarms has filed for dissolution. I would be careful dealing with any company in the process or relinquishing itself. No guarantee a product will.be delivered after you pay for it, or any warranty will be honoured.
Images
  • 20200817_011510.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200814-075046_Chrome.jpg
May 30, 2017
116 posts
38 upvotes
Just came across the Facebook ad. As a heavy bacon consumer (the quantity of bacon, not my body), this caught my attention. But 6 months of free bacon, and the fact that it's an ad on Facebook - that caught my attention. Saw the Google reviews, and this thread pretty much confirms it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12967 upvotes
boat73 wrote: 6 months of free bacon
Based on the bullplop of the rest of the contract I'd love to see what the fine print is on this.

Technically speaking 1x 375g package a month would easily fulfill this offer which isn't nearly enough for "6 months"
I HIGHLY doubt it's gonna be all the bacon you can use so this just sounds misleading to me from the get go.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7008 posts
4173 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Kkhan15 wrote: Go to local butcher and look into their freezer packs. Same high quality meat and cheaper then Nutrafarms.
Plus you would know what you are getting. I would never order anything the way Nutrafarms does it. I want to know how much I am getting of what exactly.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3353 posts
1418 upvotes
Scarborough
Chickinvic wrote: Plus you would know what you are getting. I would never order anything the way Nutrafarms does it. I want to know how much I am getting of what exactly.
God knows how long NutraFarms meat was already frozen if we're given 3-12 months supply.
Oct 9, 2020
1 posts
OMG I can't believe I found this forum! I just had virtual meeting with a salesperson and the whole time I kept asking for the price and he kept telling me the same as the grocery store. I found it really odd that he couldn't give me the price per pound for a single item. Then I kept asking for the package cost, but he would keep telling me how much it was per month or week...car dealerships don't even do that anymore. C'mon man! I told him I wanted to do some research, at which point he got furious and told me not to believe everything I read online...

SO! obviously I google these guys and this forum comes up with so many similar stories of getting completely screwed by Nutrafarms....then I find a subreddit dedicated to Nutrafarms and the stories from employees and customers. HOLY COW HOW IS THIS PLACE LEGAL?!?

The kicker- there is post after post about how 90% of the positive reviews are bought, made up or bots! So yes Marco - DONT BELIEVE THE REVIEWS ON THEIR PAGE -

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)