Shopping Discussion

Anyone had warranty experience with Anker?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 10:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1981 upvotes

Anyone had warranty experience with Anker?

I have a few Anker products - mostly portable batteries and a pair of headphones. Find them OK.
However, last Black Friday, I bought their PowerCore. Anyway, suffice to say I can't get a full charge from my laptop.
I've dealt with Anker for months and anyway, long story, not very pleased.

(Yes, yes, I know many are, and I am surprised too - believe me. It's really the most challenging experience I've had)

One customer service manager has finally agreed for me to do another exchange. The address is 1665 Lincoln Ave, Montreal.

Is this normal? Apparently this is a computer shop in Montreal. Do you know if they are Anker?

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3103 posts
1132 upvotes
Worst experience ever. I would not ever buy from them again
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1981 upvotes
Daf wrote: Worst experience ever. I would not ever buy from them again
You too? I thought I was the only one who found it all very different to other manufacturers
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3103 posts
1132 upvotes
berrytree wrote: You too? I thought I was the only one who found it all very different to other manufacturers
They tried to be nice and supportive but when it came down to it. They totally screwed me over. And the product was only a few months old
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
3073 posts
142 upvotes
British Columbia
Oddly enough, my experience has been great with Anker. I've used their products a lot in the past. I have had an issue with their Lightning to USB cable in the past, but they were quick to resolve the issue (received a replacement by end of the same week). I've used their power adapters, cables (HDMI and Lightning to USB-A and USB-C) and portable charges over the years with no issues. Granted I haven't had any issues in the past two years, so I'm not sure if this issue is more recent. I've always found their cables to be of higher quality and last longer than the other Amazon brands or even Belkin.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11568 posts
2177 upvotes
Guelph
Did you get it from amazon?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2118 posts
2314 upvotes
Toronto
Some companies have great quality products and we think highly of them, however it is only when we need customer service due we really know how the company is when you really need them.

I've purchased Anker for a lot or products same as many others, stuff is generally very well made, customer service however an open book so far to me at least. Never heard too much negative other than this thread.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20745 posts
6217 upvotes
GTA
I've only used their warranty twice, once recently and once a few years ago. The more recent occasion, it went fine but they were VERY meticulous on testing the product, asking to send pictures and video, along with a PDF of the original Amazon invoice. It was a battery bank, they had me record a video of testing it, charging using different cables, they got to a point where they said I had to use the original USB cable but I questioned that and they retracted.

The first time, maybe 3-4 years ago, they just sent me a new one when I emailed about RMA and troubleshooting. It was a Anker vertical mouse that stopped clicking on the right button.

I imagine that there was a lot of people trying to 'game' their products into false RMA's and warranty claims so they started to be more restrictive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1981 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I've only used their warranty twice, once recently and once a few years ago. The more recent occasion, it went fine but they were VERY meticulous on testing the product, asking to send pictures and video, along with a PDF of the original Amazon invoice. It was a battery bank, they had me record a video of testing it, charging using different cables, they got to a point where they said I had to use the original USB cable but I questioned that and they retracted.

The first time, maybe 3-4 years ago, they just sent me a new one when I emailed about RMA and troubleshooting. It was a Anker vertical mouse that stopped clicking on the right button.

I imagine that there was a lot of people trying to 'game' their products into false RMA's and warranty claims so they started to be more restrictive.
This hits the nail on the head for me.

Maybe this is what it is. If a lot of people are doing that I feel sorry for them. As a consumer with little patience, it just feels very challenging. But yes I understand a little more now.

Anyway, @coriolis , did you send it to the address in Montreal?

I just wanted to check if this is safe - it seems to not be an Anker location (yet it must be if they asked me to send it there)

Thanks.