Home & Garden

Anyone happy with Vivint?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2017 1:12 am
Tags:
Feb 13, 2017
1 posts

Anyone happy with Vivint?

I am looking at a couple alarm systems with home automation and The Monitoring Center offered me a Helix system but there are issues with it not having everything I want.

Vivint has everything I want but they get horrible reviews. This thing is almost all of the horrible reviews are from people who signed up to a 60-month contract and then were mad when they could not cancel. I guess people don't read these contracts.
I am more inclined to buy the equipment in the beginning and just pay the monitoring.

Anyone have a Vivint system and what do you think of it?

Thanks.
2 replies
Jun 14, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Regina
The reviews are ACCURATE. Stay far away from this company. They are hard sell con artists and once you sign the contract it will be almost impossible to get out from under it. They conned my elderly father into switching from a company he had been with for years and when I called to complain that he wanted out they basically said "sue us". There are all kinds of cases on the internet of them going after older or uninformed people & them having very little recourse or a major fight (IE lawyers) to get out of it. There are other, better, companies out there that charge the same for good service and established track records. my $0.02. hope that helps!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1400 upvotes
Edmonton
I have had Vivint for 42 months and during that time its been great. Everything works. When theres issues, or for ex my lawn sign broke or etc, I just call customer service and longest I've been put on hold was 1 minute. Always taken care of and resolved. They really have great customer service in my view.

In terms of their sign up tactics, I have personally not witnessed it. It was between them and Alarmforce, and at that time Alarmforce was charging more for wireless celluar setup vs Vivint so I went with Vivint.

My 42 month contract ended 2 months ago so I'll be calling their Loyalty Dept and seeing what they can do as looks like all new sign ups get the new Vivint Sky control panel now, new key fobs, door bell cameras etc etc that I didnt have when I signed up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)