Request-A-Deal

Anyone have contact information for a Cogeco reseller rep ? (April 2022)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2022 11:23 pm
Nov 6, 2020
3 posts
Milton Ontario

Anyone have contact information for a Cogeco reseller rep ? (April 2022)

Was a longtime Cogeco customer but left for a much better Bell deal.
Now that my 2 years are up I am receiving the cold shoulder from Bell regarding bundle discounts.
I am hoping someone has a Cogeco reseller's contact information regarding bundle discounts.
Have to keep "playing the game" unfortunately.

Thanks.

**Update.....Caution...Please read below before switching...

After 1 month as a Cogeco customer they pushed out an update to the modem that broke all of my services.

Apparently the update was also unsupported by the set-top tv boxes and a new software patch was unavailable.

They sent a technician after a 3 day wait (17 mb internet..no tv or phone service) who made things worse and said I also needed a new underground cable (4 week to 6 month wait).

I was on the phone with tech support multiple times a day every day.....but after Cogeco left my household twisting in the wind for 7 days with no service I called Bell and switched back.

On the date of the switch Cogeco calls me to say they have a technician standing by - ready to visit my home immediately, a free upgrade to maximum speed internet, a two month free discount and lots of empty promises...I told them I was embarrassed for them and continued with the switch-out.

Cogeco and their IPTV Epico cable service is an absolute GONG SHOW.

I mailed back my Cogeco cable equipment as per their instructions and it took a month to confirm receiving it in good order even with a canada post confirmation tracking receipt....they actually sent a tech to my home looking for the cable equipment they had received in Burlington three weeks prior.

Thank goodness they found my canada post box... I thought I was going to have to hire a lawyer once they charged me thousands for the modem, three epico boxes and 2 wi-fi pods.

Please don't sign-up with these people at any price or empty promise unless you need a frustrating new hobby.
Last edited by jmg873 on Jul 11th, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 replies
Jun 29, 2004
223 posts
23 upvotes
jmg873 wrote: Was a longtime Cogeco customer but left for a much better Bell deal.
Now that my 2 years are up I am receiving the cold shoulder from Bell regarding bundle discounts.
I am hoping someone has a Cogeco reseller's contact information regarding bundle discounts.
Have to keep "playing the game" unfortunately.

Thanks.

**Update.....Thanks to seanb10 for rep info, now a Cogeco Epico customer and saving $50 month over what Bell
was going to charge for 3 services.

**Thanks to chip104 for info too.
Hi, can you please share the information seanb10 and chip104 sent you? And what your deal was ? Thanks !!
:D
May 29, 2003
77 posts
30 upvotes
Hi Theresa, I'll post this as I have gotten a few Messages. This is for a three bundled services. Anything less, no deal.
Epico x-stream TV, 30 basic channels and 30 mix channels....30 mix channels you can change any time but must keep for a month $45
Utra Fibe 1Gb(unlimited) $65
Freedom Phone with 5 calling features, unlimited canada US calling $5 *** This just went to $8 this billing cycle.
So, for the package deal, it was $114.99, now $117.99 plus tax. As a package, It was great for me. The only thing guaranteed is the Guaranteed Savings offer discounts. The bundle rebates are not guaranteed. Nor is the offered price.

My bill goes like this:
epico x-stream $ 76.00
Basic Channels Included
Free Channels package Included
Free US & Canadian channels package Included
My Mix 30 Channels Ontario
A&E, ADSM, AJI, BNN, CBCNN, CMDY, CMDYW, CP24, CTVND, DRMA, FOOD, FXC,
HGTV, HIST, HS00, HS70, HS80, HS90, LTIME, NGEOG, NGW, SCFI, SLICE, SN1,
SNEBO, SNOHD, SNP, SNW, TDC, TLC, TSN, TSN2BO, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5BO, W
Included
SPORTSNET ONE Included
Sportsnet O-E-P-W Included
TSN 1-2-3-4-5 Included
Heart & Soul Included
PPV Included
Stingray Channels Included
Guaranteed Savings TV Offer - 180 months $ -31.00
Recordings 500 hours Included
Guaranteed Savings epico IP box Offer - 24 months $ -7.00
epico IP box - Rental $ 7.00
epico IP box - Rental Included
Subtotal TV before taxes $ 45.00
HST $ 5.85

UltraFibre 1Gig - Unlimited $ 113.50
Wifi Option Included
Cogeco Security Included
Bundle rebate with TV and Phone $ -15.00
Guaranteed Savings Internet Offer - 180 months $ -33.50
Subtotal Internet before taxes $ 65.00
HST $ 8.45

Freedom $ 70.99
Wi-Fi AC equipment - Rental Included
Bundle rebate with TV and Internet $ -15.00
Guaranteed Savings Phone Offer- 180 months $ -48.00
Freedom Primary Line $ 0.00
Listed Included
Voicemail,Call Forwarding,Visual Call Waiting,Call Waiting,Call Display Included
Subtotal Telephony before taxes $ 7.99
HST $ 1.04

TOTAL CURRENT SERVICES (BEFORE TAXES) $ 117.99
TAXES $ 15.34
HST: $ 15.34

**There is no contract!!! No price guarantee. But a guaranteed savings offer for 15 years(180 months) I know when I was with Bell, the bundled discounts did change and get smaller. But here there are two types of savings. Bundled and Guaranteed Savings.

He said he could do better than what I got, but it all depends on what Internet and TV package you choose. The phone stays the same.

Here is the kicker, these guys work out of a call center. They do Cogeco, Bell, and Rogers. But you must be leaving one provider to go to the other to get a deal, or be a new customer. He just called me the other day for a Bell deal. 150Mb fiber internet, best tv, and phone with all the features.... For $153... I politely declined. Bell TV is better, but I don't watch it much, and am not willing to pay extra for it. He wanted to sweeten it with a gift card. Still not good enough for me. He told me Bell has much much better deals for those who are in Rogers territory. And I have the original Epico box. It is slow. There is a new one that is being supplied that is supposed to be better. If I can answer anything else, just ask. Here is the posts I originally made back in November:
bell-internet-tv-home-phone-new-custome ... #p35346531

Cheers