Computers & Electronics

Anyone have experience with buying from wayfair.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 6:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1276 posts
219 upvotes
Vancouver

Anyone have experience with buying from wayfair.ca?

Has anyone had any experiences buying from wayfair.ca? I was looking at some 12V portable fridge/freezers and they seem to have some good prices.... are they shipped from within Canada? WIll I expect any duty/charges?
Are manufacturer's warranty usually accepted when purchased through them?
11 replies
Mar 27, 2021
265 posts
340 upvotes
Wayfair is like the Amazon for home furniture, YMMV.

For something like that I would go to Canadian Tire or Costco where you can easily return stuff, know it's certifed and tested for use in Canada, arrives in one piece.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1361 posts
479 upvotes
Wayfair is fine. I've order a few items from them before. I had to use customer service once. I filled out the form from my order history and they sent me a replacement part quickly.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4860 posts
953 upvotes
rural ontario
shopper_of_things wrote: Wayfair is fine. I've order a few items from them before. I had to use customer service once. I filled out the form from my order history and they sent me a replacement part quickly.
This. At least in my experience - their customer support was very good.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3017 posts
580 upvotes
Pickering
Ordered a few things from Wayfair over the years, shipping was fine and so was the products, do your research like usual on the product your interested in and see if it's available for pickup somewhere, otherwise Wayfair is a good option.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4923 posts
2506 upvotes
Toronto
artofwar wrote: I was looking at some 12V portable fridge/freezers
FYI, they won't run off a 12 V battery for very long. You will need an alternate power source.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15968 posts
2579 upvotes
They have some decent stuff mixed amongst the generic Chinese crap you can probably find cheaper on Amazon. My one experience with customer service was annoyingly bad.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1562 posts
207 upvotes
Bought a bunk bed from there. Quality was very good as were the instructions. It was missing some of the wooden insert pegs but I got them at the hardware store as opposed to contacting customer service.
Feb 1, 2005
244 posts
8 upvotes
Coquitlam
Our experience is that Wayfair is a drop shipping company, they don't own anything they sell. Same items could show up multiple times and different prices as there are several vendors.

We bought 2 lamps, 1 came broken and they sent a replacement right away.

Light fixtures worked out really well.
Aug 8, 2010
647 posts
116 upvotes
Customer service was excellent. They just trusted my words and refunded me.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1004 posts
371 upvotes
Yep great customer service, but cross reference the item on amazon.

The chandalier I wanted was $65 cheaper on Amazon (under a different name).

The reviews on wayfair help a lot when deciding on quality.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17848 posts
15296 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Good experiences with Wayfair

12 volt coolers … like this from Cdn Tire
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mobi ... p.html#srp

Work great as long as they are plugged into a running vehicle … or shore power at a campsite etc
(Not so great when the car is not running )

12 volt fridges or freezers … like the type you find in campers & boats … are often listed as 3 way powered options

Also need a constant supply … be it the RVs battery, propane, or shore power

Maybe tell us your application … and we can recommend options