Automotive

Anyone have experience with MyStart Plus remote starter?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 12:40 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 5, 2008
1226 posts
88 upvotes

Anyone have experience with MyStart Plus remote starter?

I'm looking at getting a remote starter. MyStart Plus offers a no monthly fee smartphone add on that will allow you to start the from your phone. Unlike similar offerings, there's no monthly fee. However, the catch is that it only works in the main populated areas of Ontario and Quebec. I'm fine with that because I don't drive outside of the Golden Horseshoe. What I'm wondering is, how good is it. Since it only works in Ontario and Quebec it's hard to find any reviews of it online. It seems like a good deal but I'm guessing there's a big caveat like not working in the shadow of tall buildings or only reliably working half the time or something.

https://mystartplus.com/
5 replies
Sep 8, 2008
258 posts
70 upvotes
T.O
Have it on the MDX. It works fantastic, I park three levels below. Sometimes I have to send the signal more than once. Overall very happy with this.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 5, 2008
1226 posts
88 upvotes
Falkenblick wrote: In our CX-5 2017 work great.
mksliao wrote: Have it on the MDX. It works fantastic, I park three levels below. Sometimes I have to send the signal more than once. Overall very happy with this.
I'm glad to hear it works so well. How's the responsiveness of the system? I know with the Drone Mobile smartphone add on, it only takes about 4 or 5 seconds from the time the signal is sent until the car starts up.
Sep 8, 2008
258 posts
70 upvotes
T.O
When you are above ground it’s pretty quick. I’ve had it in tlx and then mdx, very happy. Have evostart in crv, same concept works well too.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 5, 2008
1226 posts
88 upvotes
mksliao wrote: When you are above ground it’s pretty quick. I’ve had it in tlx and then mdx, very happy. Have evostart in crv, same concept works well too.
That's encouraging to hear, thanks.