Automotive

Anyone heard of / experience with Dream Cars Inc Georgetown?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 10:00 am
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
20 posts
7 upvotes

Anyone heard of / experience with Dream Cars Inc Georgetown?

Hi,

I like to do some research on car dealers before I visit, if I see a stack of complaints or if they seem to have popped up overnight I'll avoid them. This one has stumped me. Nothing comes up on Google (no business reviews),no Yelp, no reviews on Car Gurus, no record on BBB, they don't seem to have their own web site but advertise on Kijiji, Autotrader etc. They do seem to have some good deals.

https://ca.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Dream-Cars-Inc.-sp396173

But I'd like to know a little more about them before dropping in. Does anyone have any experience with them? Has anyone got any other way of finding out more about them?
8 replies
Jul 17, 2017
1 posts
I bought a truck there in the winter. Good deal, like you said. On the first warm day, I rolled the window down and heard clicking. When I bought it safetied, the mechanic was supposed to replace a U joint. Guess what.. he just made it stop making noise. I'm trying to decide whether or not to report it to the cops, 'cuz it's not just a dirty mechanic we're talking about. They safetied a vehicle without actually doing the safety work. That's criminal. Good luck.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
20 posts
7 upvotes
DubyaD294766 wrote: I bought a truck there in the winter. Good deal, like you said. On the first warm day, I rolled the window down and heard clicking. When I bought it safetied, the mechanic was supposed to replace a U joint. Guess what.. he just made it stop making noise. I'm trying to decide whether or not to report it to the cops, 'cuz it's not just a dirty mechanic we're talking about. They safetied a vehicle without actually doing the safety work. That's criminal. Good luck.
Nasty. I decided to avoid them - without any kind of history they might be one of the shady places that sells stock fast - gets a bad rep and then closes down and opens up under a new name.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
30678 posts
16962 upvotes
Toronto
NOT a member of UCDA (it seems)
Jul 23, 2020
1 posts
I bought a car from them last winter and its still in almost perfect condition today, and they were open to answer all my questions. They were nice and did the job. They had a lot of cars to choose from and never faked a bunch of problems with your car like some other small mechanics. Overall a good place to buy a car.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1032 posts
668 upvotes
Ottawa
morpheus10953 wrote: I bought a car from them last winter and its still in almost perfect condition today, and they were open to answer all my questions. They were nice and did the job. They had a lot of cars to choose from and never faked a bunch of problems with your car like some other small mechanics. Overall a good place to buy a car.
New user, first post, overwhelmingly positive review...
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
30678 posts
16962 upvotes
Toronto
Business must be really slow. Free advertising here.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1643 posts
703 upvotes
Up in the air
bobbyz101 wrote: New user, first post, overwhelmingly positive review...
Ya, I miss the days of the down vote thumb....
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15194 posts
9694 upvotes
Toronto
morpheus10953 wrote: I bought a car from them last winter and its still in almost perfect condition today, and they were open to answer all my questions. They were nice and did the job. They had a lot of cars to choose from and never faked a bunch of problems with your car like some other small mechanics. Overall a good place to buy a car.
How is it that you have taken the blue pill and yet recruited Neo with the red pill?????!!!!!!
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯