Automotive

Anyone here have commercial/business auto insurance?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 3:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes

Anyone here have commercial/business auto insurance?

Anyone here have it ? just want to get a ball park figure of what the costs are..Aprox what are you paying per month?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8344 posts
1118 upvotes
Ontario
There is no way anyone can give you a ballpark figure.. too many variables.
You need to contact a Broker for a quote and discuss what you're looking for with her.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 30 years experience
[OP]
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
COSMIC5 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 9:16 am
There is no way anyone can give you a ballpark figure.. too many variables.
You need to contact a Broker for a quote and discuss what you're looking for with her.
well reason i ask is a friend of mine said that he had a car accident on his name so to get lower rates he said he went and registered a business under his name for a hundred bucks or whatever and got commercial insurance and was paying a lot less than what he was paying when he was on normal personal insurance..

just wondering how much truth there is to this
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8344 posts
1118 upvotes
Ontario
regardless if he was driving for personal use, commercial or business, the accident would be rated but the type of use would have different rates depending on what the use of the vehicle was for.. is he a contractor? Realtor? what is the type of use?
jimmysack wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 6:43 pm
well reason i ask is a friend of mine said that he had a car accident on his name so to get lower rates he said he went and registered a business under his name for a hundred bucks or whatever and got commercial insurance and was paying a lot less than what he was paying when he was on normal personal insurance..

RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 30 years experience
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5935 posts
5995 upvotes
Vancouver
jimmysack wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 6:43 pm

I'd say about zero. He's either making that up, or got his numbers backwards, or if it's actually true, he'll be busted if he ever tries to make a claim. Commercial vehicle insurance cost is going to vary widely depending on what city and province you are in. I'm going To go out On a limb heRe and guess that yOu're iN SaskaToOn?