Shopping Discussion

Anyone here used ebay global shipping program before?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 12:04 am
[OP]
Jul 26, 2013
605 posts
535 upvotes
CALGARY

Anyone here used ebay global shipping program before?

And, how did it work out for you?
Did it take 3 weeks to arrive? (I assume this is the case if you live in western Canada and not in Ontario, in which case it is likely delivered in 2 weeks),
And how was the tracking with Canada Post?
Did Pitney Bowes supply a tracking number?
If so, did it stay as "label created" status until delivery, or did it actually show updates in the tracking?
Thanks

Ps. If I ordered from the states again I'd just use a mail forwarder and save the headache of going through the global shipping program
Imo chinese shipping from aliexpress is a better deal lol.
5 replies
Oct 12, 2017
72 posts
45 upvotes
Ordered a few from the US, and in both cases, the package will go first to ebay's hub on Kentucky, then go to their Ontario hub (which I believe is in MISSISSAUGA), and then delivery to final destination by Purolator. Regardless of where the item originated, it will go first to the Kentucky hub thru USPS. I had one order which is from California, and it basically had a round trip (destination is Alberta, so package traveled west, east, then finally west), instead of a straight route. In any case, it arrived within 2 weeks. The tracking will provide an Ebay global shipping number, but will also provide the tracking number used for each carrier (USPS tracking and Purolator tracking).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2545 posts
1328 upvotes
London
takes like 2 weeks. u get full tracking. company that delivers it within Canada is random i've had canada post purolator and canpar.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
I don't buy anything on eBay without it any more. Been burned a few times now, most recently with the seller listing the wrong shipping price and then spending $50 on shipping instead of the originally agreed $25 through emails. I was already bent over though since I had paid and they said they'd do a refund. They just didn't refund enough.

Nothing I'm buying is usually critically important so I don't mind the extra wait time to ship to the hub, then another hub, then to me.
It's not always Canada Post delivering either. I've actually had some really obscure carriers before.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2545 posts
1328 upvotes
London
death_hawk wrote: I don't buy anything on eBay without it any more. Been burned a few times now, most recently with the seller listing the wrong shipping price and then spending $50 on shipping instead of the originally agreed $25 through emails. I was already bent over though since I had paid and they said they'd do a refund. They just didn't refund enough.

Nothing I'm buying is usually critically important so I don't mind the extra wait time to ship to the hub, then another hub, then to me.
It's not always Canada Post delivering either. I've actually had some really obscure carriers before.
that's why u have the seller make the adjustment to listing before u buy it never ever listen to the will refund u the difference afterwards bs
Oct 10, 2016
204 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
pafy6285 wrote: Ordered a few from the US, and in both cases, the package will go first to ebay's hub on Kentucky, then go to their Ontario hub (which I believe is in MISSISSAUGA), and then delivery to final destination by Purolator. Regardless of where the item originated, it will go first to the Kentucky hub thru USPS. I had one order which is from California, and it basically had a round trip (destination is Alberta, so package traveled west, east, then finally west), instead of a straight route. In any case, it arrived within 2 weeks. The tracking will provide an Ebay global shipping number, but will also provide the tracking number used for each carrier (USPS tracking and Purolator tracking).
x2; I used GSP few times, and I found it was worth it.