Health & Wellness

Anyone interested in $40 dental cleaning? I am a dental hygiene student at George Brown College looking for patients!

[OP]
Feb 2, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Anyone interested in $40 dental cleaning? I am a dental hygiene student at George Brown College looking for patients!

Hi everyone! I am a 2nd year dental hygiene student at George Brown College and I'm looking for patients who have not had dental cleaning in over a year.

Full dental hygiene treatment includes:
-check-up and assessment of teeth and gums (our dentist will check for cavities and make referrals if you need fillings/root canal/extractions etc)
-oral cancer screening
-deep cleaning under the gums aka scaling
-polishing
-fluoride application
-sealants (prevents cavities)
-individualized oral self care education
-a goodie bag containing a new toothbrush, toothpaste, tongue cleaner, mouthrinse, floss and other dental care aids tailored to you!

Cost: one time fee of $40 for adults (18+), $25 for youth (14-17yo), and $15 for children (4-13yo). X-rays if required are an additional fee between $15-$40.

George Brown College is an educational facility so treatment is supervised by a licensed dentist and registered dental hygienist which will take multiple (4-6) appointments, each appointment is 2-2.5hrs in length and therefore your commitment is greatly appreciated. Treatment for children will take 1-2 appointments.

My clinic hours for March-April 2019 are:
Wednesday 8am-10:30am
Wednesday 12pm-2:30pm
Friday 12pm-2:30pm

The George Brown College Waterfront Campus is located at 51 Dockside Dr, Toronto (Queen's Quay and Sherbourne).

PM me or email dentalhygiene38@gmail.com if you are interested or have any questions!

Thank you :)
Last edited by kay67j on Jan 24th, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13407 posts
2781 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I was approached for this out of the blue and was contacted by GB. I found it to be a PITA. Just a regular teeth cleaning they want a required 3-4 appointments wit EACH appt lasting 2-3 hrs?? The total cost is around a $100 - cleaning, xrays, etc. Well for the same exact $100 my dental hygienist does the entire job within an hour and a final checkup by the dentist. Unless you have a ton of time, unemployed, with a few nickels to play with it is a huge waste of time for the average person. The time lost is not worth it for the minimally busy. lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
I assume much of the waiting is for the teacher/dentist to come around and check the work. While I understand students have to learn and this is part of the learning process, I think the target market has got to be people that live around that area or other students at school. Really great that you're reaching out though, good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
6569 posts
3366 upvotes
Global Village
Thanks OP. What happens if something goes wrong during 1 of the sessions, who pays to repair any damage?
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2489 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: I was approached for this out of the blue and was contacted by GB. I found it to be a PITA. Just a regular teeth cleaning they want a required 3-4 appointments wit EACH appt lasting 2-3 hrs?? The total cost is around a $100 - cleaning, xrays, etc. Well for the same exact $100 my dental hygienist does the entire job within an hour and a final checkup by the dentist. Unless you have a ton of time, unemployed, with a few nickels to play with it is a huge waste of time for the average person. The time lost is not worth it for the minimally busy. lol.
Do you have insurance? I have never been charged $100 for a cleaning and check up by the dentist. Cleaning (or scaling as the hygienist calls it) is usually around $220 and it takes between 45 to 60 mins. I checked with my friends and it's the same price (we all have insurance). I forget how much it is to get the dentist to check my teeth. I don't remember if it's included in the $220.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11556 posts
10048 upvotes
scoper wrote: Thanks OP. What happens if something goes wrong during 1 of the sessions, who pays to repair any damage?
I have to believe the school would have to pick up the tab.

Obviously the sessions are long cause they have teachers there ensuring work is being done right. If you want to help out that way that’s why you go or for people who truly have to save every penny they can.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11556 posts
10048 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: Do you have insurance? I have never been charged $100 for a cleaning and check up by the dentist. Cleaning (or scaling as the hygienist calls it) is usually around $220 and it takes between 45 to 60 mins. I checked with my friends and it's the same price (we all have insurance). I forget how much it is to get the dentist to check my teeth. I don't remember if it's included in the $220.
When you have insurance the dentist charges you more...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2489 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: When you have insurance the dentist charges you more...
That's what I was thinking but 100% more? That's why I was asking if he has insurance. Just to compare.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
I have insurance but the regular cleaning is still just around $120 or so. I suppose this also differs between where you go.