Automotive

Anyone know the current wait time of 2022 Lexus NX 350h?

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2023 3:07 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xrvr wrote: Anybody knows why?
Its a small, 4000 lbs CUV, slow as molasses, way over-engineered for what its capable of.
The engine runs on premium, plus 2 electric motors, yet it only gets 6l/100km.
167 lb.-ft. of torque and CVT contraption to move 4000 lbs car.
Good luck merging on the hwys fully loaded.
Is this what passes for the "luxury car" nowadays?
Because it’s a Toyota. Such luxury, refinement and “reliability “.
Jan 1, 2021
91 posts
88 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Hope you have the TIV in writing …

I had something if i recall like subject to change if vehicle warrants damage or excessive increase in KM. Something on the lines of that and the value of the trade in is on the BOS. Even if it wasn’t written unless they low ball me like massively I did the math where I will break even with gas and insurance. I got trade in value of $52,050 pre tax and my break even price is $43,000
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
Its a small, 4000 lbs CUV, slow as molasses, way over-engineered for what its capable of.
Huh? Where did you get 167 lb-ft torque from? And it runs on regular.. premium recommended, 87 required
Recommended to use premium unleaded gasoline with octane rating of 91 (Re- search OctaneNumber of 96) or higher for optimum engine performance. You may use unleaded gasoline with octane rating as low as 87 (Research Octane Number of 91). In this case, engine performance may be decreased.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022 ... st-review/

While not fast, I wouldn't say it's slow as molasses
Thanks to its additional power and slightly leaner curb weight, the 2022 NX350h accelerates to 60 mph in 7.0 seconds, which is 1.3 seconds quicker than the last NX300h we tested and a few tenths quicker than the gas-only 2022 NX350 with its 2.4-liter turbo-four.

The new hybrid also outperformed the turbocharged NX350 in the quarter mile with a 15.4-second pass at 89.0 mph, but the all-gas variant crossed the line with a 3.1-mph faster trap speed. In the stopping department, the 2022 NX350h takes 129 feet to come to a halt from 60 mph.

The new hybrid's efficiency improvements are even more notable. The outgoing NX300h returned 33/30 mpg city/highway, which is decent but not exactly impressive for a hybrid. The NX350h trounces its predecessor's fuel economy figures with an EPA rating of 41/37 mpg city/highway —all while delivering more power and superior dynamic performance.
As for why it's so popular..easy...can you find an entry luxury crossover with awd that gets 6l/100km for 50k?
Last edited by StatsGuy on Jun 2nd, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3476 posts
3998 upvotes
GTA
The new larger electric motors provide instant torque to get similar 0 to 60 that my 275 hp RX was able to get. I find merging is a breeze. Premium gas is also not required just recommended where most people just use 87 and never notice the difference. Having owned many vehicles of all makes the NX 350h is well worth the wait.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3260 posts
4520 upvotes
Toronto
StatsGuy wrote: Huh? Where did you get 167 lb-ft torque from? And it runs on regular.. premium recommended, 87 required
LOL. Its clearly stated in the specs in this ad:

htc*** wrote: Here is silver NX 350h in dealer show room right now, if you interest.

NX 350h with Luxury Package
While not fast, I wouldn't say it's slow as molasses
My hand-built 5 years ago FFE was faster and had more torque than this disaster. Cost 1/3 of the Lexus.
It only had one motor too.

As for why it's so popular..easy...can you find an entry luxury crossover with awd that gets 6l/100km for 50k?
Not sure where you got $50k., it clearly states $59k.
And yes, one year ago I got TMY SR for $54k.
Its not awd, but it cost me so far $1000 to travel 36,000 km.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
xrvr wrote: LOL. Its clearly stated in the specs in this ad:

Omg lolol ,Face With Tears Of Joy... That's just the gas engine...you need to add the electric engines torque as well. Does your Tesla have 0 torque because you don't include the electric engine's power?

You think 167lb/ft torque can propel the 4000 lb suv to 60mph in 7 seconds? Lol

Here's the manual with the gas required (87)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lexus.site.tci- ... F6003U.pdf
xrvr wrote:
My hand-built 5 years ago FFE was faster and had more torque than this disaster. Cost 1/3 of the Lexus.
It only had one motor too.

Okay.. you get everything else wrong already so sure
xrvr wrote: Not sure where got $50k., it clearly states $59k.
Lexus website? 59k is with luxury package

FROM $49,900

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/build-price/nx

Please just stop embarassing yourself and learn to actually Google? And look at your sources?

...did you get anything right so far? From type of gas, price, power figures you've gotten all wrong
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1047 posts
317 upvotes
Vancouver
xrvr wrote: Not sure where you got $50k., it clearly states $59k.
He asked you whether you can name an entry luxury crossover for 50k, and you mentioned the Tesla Model Y. The cheapest Tesla Model Y now retails for $83,990.
It's great that you got a SR Model Y for $54k, but no one has a time machine so no one else can buy one for $54k.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
1082 posts
1669 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to respond to the question but I can see that it wasn’t asked in good faith. Dude can’t even do basic research.
Jan 1, 2021
91 posts
88 upvotes
iamzill wrote: He asked you whether you can name an entry luxury crossover for 50k, and you mentioned the Tesla Model Y. The cheapest Tesla Model Y now retails for $83,990.
It's great that you got a SR Model Y for $54k, but no one has a time machine so no one else can buy one for $54k.
On top of that I would not consider a Tesla “luxury” I would choose a rolla over that thing. No hate on Tesla but just built quality isn’t there and it still feels cheap. And with their SUV, their emergency latch in case the power dies is located inside the speaker grill Grimacing FaceGrimacing Face
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
CupNoodles wrote: On top of that I would not consider a Tesla “luxury” I would choose a rolla over that thing. No hate on Tesla but just built quality isn’t there and it still feels cheap. And with their SUV, their emergency latch in case the power dies is located inside the speaker grill Grimacing FaceGrimacing Face
That's for the rear doors...
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: That's for the rear doors...
Still, not sure why they do that given they have a perfectly designed solution up front. It must be cheaper to do a different solution than copy and paste.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
Badge. There is a sizable population that shop cars based on badge.

But seriously, if you are buying a Lexus, going fast is the last of your concerns.

I expect this drives like the Venza and Venza while nothing to wring home about, it's a perfectly fine daily driver.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Xtrema wrote: Still, not sure why they do that given they have a perfectly designed solution up front. It must be cheaper to do a different solution than copy and paste.
Questionable design choice no doubt. It is dumb, why overcomplicate something as simple as a door release... But it seems like the moment you come out with a EV things have to go stupid, this goes for legacy manufacturers as well. Look at Hyundai with the ioniq5 HVAC controls. It's a joke.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Badge. There is a sizable population that shop cars based on badge.

But seriously, if you are buying a Lexus, going fast is the last of your concerns.

I expect this drives like the Venza and Venza while nothing to wring home about, it's a perfectly fine daily driver.
that guy got it all wrong and thankfully has left

don't think it's badge that sells this..it's more of the the hybrid and price especially in current "high" gas price environment

50k for an entry luxury crossover..but only one with a hybrid option (e.g. competitors like Q3/Q5, X1/X2 , GLA/GLB etc) all don't have hybrid options, require premium fuel and aren't really any cheaper. This gen finally has decent power for the hybrid version (compared to prev gen)

280 lb/ft torque (combined) and 239hp (combined) , huge tech upgrade (for lexus) ..and then the badge/reliability. But thing is..there's lots of entry luxury crossovers (way too many lol)...but none have a hybrid option that can get 6L/100km and for 50k

it has the same hybrid engine as the venza but bigger/more powerful electric motors borrowed from the RX hybrid (well the now previous gen) for 20hp extra . But ya, nothing to write home about in terms of driving for entry lux crossovers but that's not what most people are looking for in the segment anyways especially when they are looking for hybrid.

the regular gas NX350 is better drive for sure and plentiful and not hard to get but it also has to compete with all the other entry lux crossovers so less demand.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: 280 lb/ft torque (combined) and 239hp (combined) , huge tech upgrade (for lexus) ..and then the badge/reliability. But thing is..there's lots of entry luxury crossovers (way too many lol)...but none have a hybrid option that can get 6L/100km and for 50k
hmm... never thought of that. Thought BMW has a X3 PHEV but sounds like average fuel economy is worst than NX350h once EV range is out.
Jan 1, 2021
91 posts
88 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: that guy got it all wrong and thankfully has left

don't think it's badge that sells this..it's more of the the hybrid and price especially in current "high" gas price environment

50k for an entry luxury crossover..but only one with a hybrid option (e.g. competitors like Q3/Q5, X1/X2 , GLA/GLB etc) all don't have hybrid options, require premium fuel and aren't really any cheaper. This gen finally has decent power for the hybrid version (compared to prev gen)

280 lb/ft torque (combined) and 239hp (combined) , huge tech upgrade (for lexus) ..and then the badge/reliability. But thing is..there's lots of entry luxury crossovers (way too many lol)...but none have a hybrid option that can get 6L/100km and for 50k

it has the same hybrid engine as the venza but bigger/more powerful electric motors borrowed from the RX hybrid (well the now previous gen) for 20hp extra . But ya, nothing to write home about in terms of driving for entry lux crossovers but that's not what most people are looking for in the segment anyways especially when they are looking for hybrid.

the regular gas NX350 is better drive for sure and plentiful and not hard to get but it also has to compete with all the other entry lux crossovers so less demand.

My friend here seems to understand why people would buy the NXH. I hate how all the reviewers complain about horse power this horse power that. You buy this car for fuel economy, reliability and a bit of luxury. If you want to go fast go buy a German. I like how refined and “slow” Lexus and Toyota are because they are affordable and reliable. I always ask people why do you need over 250HP for?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
My cousin got the nx350 (just gas, no hybrid) model and it drives amazingly. The turbo engine is actually pretty decent and the torque is great. Driving in manual is really fun too, especially going to 6k rpms, the car kicks you back to ur seat after the turbo kicks in around 3k rpms and it actually sounds decent too. Not sure about the hybrid model as it has a CVT so probably won't be that fun. That being said I doubt if ur buying the hybrid model you'll care about the fun factor.
Rogers 30GB $35
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: that guy got it all wrong and thankfully has left

My cousin came over from NYC and recently got the NX350 and it drives great, love the turbo engine especially mated with the 8speed auto. It lifts really quick in manual mode and the torque is actually pretty crazy (first time driving a car with a turbo engine)
Rogers 30GB $35
Jul 21, 2019
249 posts
406 upvotes
My friend, Toyota/Lexus is not for you then. You can buy a Ford and get the jazz, but 5 years later it would turn out to be a Ford...
Feb 10, 2021
444 posts
380 upvotes
Stouffville
Anyone know the current lead time for an nx350h or nx450h+?