• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2020 12:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 15, 2018
234 posts
40 upvotes

Anyone Know What This Is?

I bought a condo earlier this year and every morning I wake up to this scattered throughout one of the condo rooms. I have no idea where it’s coming from. I have contacted the builders and they don’t know what it is and said they can’t fix it if I don’t know where’s it’s coming from.

I suggested that maybe it’s coming from the vent. They flashed a flashlight through the vent and said it looks fine.

Anyone know or have had experience with something similar? It’s a white residue with some larger solid pieces.

Thanks in advance.
Images
  • 5CADDF09-BD70-4CD6-85BD-A726D01EFF65.png
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
2727 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
it has to be coming from the vents , if it was from the ceiling you would know it....
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43710 posts
6939 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Vent debris!
Put a filter over your vent , a breathable one and see if that still happens. In a pinch you can use an old t-shirt. It should be porous enough to allow proper airflow (especially if its an old shirt).
Just temporary to test if this is actually the problem...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2109 posts
1576 upvotes
Canada
Your ex trying to roofie you from the vent
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1118 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
Most likely vent. I have this as well - just under the bathroom vent in the basement. That bathroom is almost never used, so figured it must be coming from dust settling under gravity in the venting system.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2018
234 posts
40 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Vent debris!
Put a filter over your vent , a breathable one and see if that still happens. In a pinch you can use an old t-shirt. It should be porous enough to allow proper airflow (especially if its an old shirt).
Just temporary to test if this is actually the problem...
Hmm I’ll try this and see, thanks!