Automotive

Anyone Lease a Rogue recently??

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 6:52 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Feb 7, 2017
114 posts
89 upvotes

Anyone Lease a Rogue recently??

Hi Guys,

Looking to lease an ultra cheap small SUV. Narrowed it down to a Rogue. Anyone leased one recently specifically the AWD special edition model? Looking to pay 360$ a month tax in over 60 months with 20k a year. Shopped around but no dealer would budge under 400$ per mo
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1227 posts
603 upvotes
I read they are fast on the highway.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29220 posts
14993 upvotes
Toronto
5 yrs lease ? Just buy it and then sell it whenever you like instead would be a better choice
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
MOBB416 wrote: Hi Guys,

Looking to lease an ultra cheap small SUV. Narrowed it down to a Rogue. Anyone leased one recently specifically the AWD special edition model? Looking to pay 360$ a month tax in over 60 months with 20k a year. Shopped around but no dealer would budge under 400$ per mo
You make 20k a year? If so, then why do you wanna buy/lease a new small SUV? If I were you and you actually do earn 20k a year if I'm not mistaken, I'd buy a used/preowned car like a sedan or hatchback since it would probably be cheaper on gas and I also find insurance is a bit higher with Nissan's (personal experience).
[OP]
Jr. Member
Feb 7, 2017
114 posts
89 upvotes
The depreciation is very steep. I’d be lucky to break even after 3yrs
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16195 posts
14247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just keep your eye on the speed. They hit 170 without you knowing!
Banned
Apr 27, 2019
406 posts
287 upvotes
Mods, please lock this thread. These unsavory characters are trying to sully the Rogue's reputation!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16195 posts
14247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
firestarter99 wrote: Mods, please lock this thread. These unsavory characters are trying to sully the Rogue's reputation!
Roque puts the Sport in SUV!!!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11658 posts
3962 upvotes
Toronto
Cheaper only because the dealer drag it to a 60m lease which is a bad idea to lease a car this long.

OP. A word for you, run!
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9881 posts
9570 upvotes
Markham
It’s a POS don’t do it. Buy a corolla.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1834 posts
1051 upvotes
Durham
rubikas001 wrote: You make 20k a year? If so, then why do you wanna buy/lease a new small SUV? If I were you and you actually do earn 20k a year if I'm not mistaken, I'd buy a used/preowned car like a sedan or hatchback since it would probably be cheaper on gas and I also find insurance is a bit higher with Nissan's (personal experience).
LOL!!!! He means mileage, not salary
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6566 posts
1117 upvotes
I rented one for a week while on vacation in US. If you haven't test driven one, try it. I hope you come to conclusion that you should look elsewhere. I rather get a used CRV than a new Rouge.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6686 posts
3001 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
I understand that the Rogue is not the most refined... very buzzy engine and not as spacious as specs would make it seem.

However rented one earlier this year in winter.

Rented for a week and drove over 3k kms on it... down to US and back. Fully loaded with passengers and cargo. It was buzzy but had no trouble keeping up with traffic and highway merging was fine... even in the US where they pass/speed in any lane!!

If getting a good deal then not a bad buy. We did decide not to but it is not as awful as RFD likes to portray.
.......
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
4798 posts
1928 upvotes
Winnipeg
georvu wrote: I understand that the Rogue is not the most refined... very buzzy engine and not as spacious as specs would make it seem.

However rented one earlier this year in winter.

Rented for a week and drove over 3k kms on it... down to US and back. Fully loaded with passengers and cargo. It was buzzy but had no trouble keeping up with traffic and highway merging was fine... even in the US where they pass/speed in any lane!!

If getting a good deal then not a bad buy. We did decide not to but it is not as awful as RFD likes to portray.
Damning with faint praise.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Jr. Member
Sep 14, 2004
115 posts
138 upvotes
don't listen to all these people who never owned the rogue. I've leased 2 and they have been great family movers with great fuel economy and comfort combo, back seat is super roomy for kids. its not the most luxurious nor the highest HP SUV, but it does the job. its it fun to drive?.. No, it's boring as hell! All the 2018+ rogue has all the active safety features (emergency breaking, blind spot warning, rear traffic alert!). I have to say, of the 2 rouge I've had, there has been zero issues other than routine maintenance.

Just as a datapoint for you.. we lease our 2018 rouge s AWD for $320 tax in for 3 yr lease. $0 down. I think you can easily still get very similiar rates and price nowadazy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6686 posts
3001 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
jcon wrote: Damning with faint praise.
Need to read better... it had no trouble with long road trip... engine is loud but so is the engine on the NEW RAV4
.......
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
4798 posts
1928 upvotes
Winnipeg
georvu wrote: Need to read better... it had no trouble with long road trip... engine is loud but so is the engine on the NEW RAV4
You were able to keep up with traffic in a Rogue, eh? Tell me which vehicle can you not keep up with traffic in? That fact you need to write that is damning it with faint praise. And, I can read just fine.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Newbie
Oct 31, 2018
63 posts
110 upvotes
I still drive rogue 2008 at 230k. I bought it used at 78k.
I still enjoy driving it everyday. Got the transmission replaced at 170k from warranty. It get louder in the cabin considering the door seal is getting older.
I took it off road, through muddy gravel road.

The engine is loud( i think it still the same engine as what they use for current rogue). Don’t expect the car to heat up or cool the interior of the car quick( wife always complains about it).

I would buy it again if i got the money. It is quite spacious and i used it to moved between condo and it can haul a lot of stuff.

Top