Real Estate

Anyone Living at the Northtown Way Condos in North York?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 12:09 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2015
48 posts
4 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Anyone Living at the Northtown Way Condos in North York?

I'm looking at units at 5 & 15 Northtown specifically and noticed that some units appear to have 9 feet ceilings on the upper floors whereas units on the lower levels are 8 feet.

Is that correct? Does this make a big difference when it comes to pricing?
6 replies
Feb 19, 2019
847 posts
923 upvotes
Stouffville ON
It is fairly common, there is a premium for both higher floor and higher ceiling.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9960 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
How do you mean pricing?

How much they are being sold for?
How much more can you sell it for later?

Generally speaking, yes, 9 ft ceiling is a plus. Something you cannot get from.renovation. like the location and view of a condo.

Those things are always a positive for a condo
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2014
8329 posts
2333 upvotes
Toronto
hereforit wrote: I'm looking at units at 5 & 15 Northtown specifically and noticed that some units appear to have 9 feet ceilings on the upper floors whereas units on the lower levels are 8 feet.

Is that correct? Does this make a big difference when it comes to pricing?
I just sold a penthouse unit in 10 Northtown. It had 9ft ceilings with the crown moldings. Yes, 9ft ceilings do add value, but the higher floor and view is more valuable.

I wouldn't buy on a lower floor for the higher ceilings. Obviously there is value to the penthouse suites with the 9ft ceilings though.

PS-Be aware that some buildings there have KITEC.
Last edited by CdnRealEstateGuy on Oct 17th, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2014
8329 posts
2333 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: ^ Congratulations @CdnRealEstateGuy for opening up your own mortgage brokerage.
Thanks man!
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Dec 22, 2004
189 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
I have to say, the higher the ceilings the better for me personally. Having said that, in the resale market I noticed there isn’t that big of a difference in pricing between 8 & 9. Since you are looking at North York, Gibson square has quite a few 8 foot ceiling units and they sell well. I mean if the same unit comes on the market at the same time the one with higher ceilings will probably sell faster. For me, I really notice low ceilings when the space is big. For smaller spaces it is less noticeable especially in wide units with lots of windows and natural light.