Travel

Anyone to Louisiana, New Orleans lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2010 2:58 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2010
29 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Anyone to Louisiana, New Orleans lately?

Hi all, i am planning a trip with my friend to New Orleans, we are 2 girls travelling together so anyone suggesting good restaurant or point of interest? I research online and seems to be lot of choices, we only had 5 days in there. If we had extra time, should we drive to somewhere around? Many Thanks. :)
2 replies
Mar 24, 2009
627 posts
40 upvotes
I was there back in February.

There are a dozen great restaurants just off the side roads of Bourbon street, most of them seafood. I was there for 4 days with a large group and we literally didn't have a bad meal the entire time (2 of our favourites were Deanie's Seafood and the Acme Oyster Bar.

In terms of what to do, it depends on where you are staying. Try and stay as close to Bourbon as you can (Quality Inn is 2 blocks away and is the top rated hotel in New Orleans for good reason, fantastic combination of service, location and price). From there you can get to St. Ann Street and head either North or South.

North leads you to Louis Armstrong Park, South leads you to the Jackson Square, The French Quarter and St. Louis Cathedral. Cut across Decatur St and you can reach the French Market. During your walk through there are usually street performers all over the place.

You could probably cover this area in 2 solid days of walking (stopping for shows and looking at shops). There are other things like the ghost tours and that which are apparantly awesome but I didn't have time for.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)