Food & Drink

Anyone make "Deluxe" beef patties? The results? Very surprising!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2021 1:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46724 posts
9828 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

Anyone make "Deluxe" beef patties? The results? Very surprising!

Does anyone else stuff their beef patties to make "deluxe" beef patties?

Made some deluxe beef patties.
Stuffed with mixed greens, romaine lettuce, guacamole, and a slice of cheese.
Sometimes I just do the classic "BLT" Beef Patty Lettuce Tomato. That works too... But cheese and avocado is always good!

Beef patties courtesy of "Patty Time" near Brimley and Lawrence.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/patty-time-scarborough

Classic neighbourhood old skool spot.
No website, no uber eats, NO PROBLEM. Always busy with line ups out the door. Maximum 5 customers inside @ a time. Limit of 2 boxes per customer. Cash only. Take out only, no seats for dine in.
Images
  • ADC0E2B1-615A-44B4-B87C-B264062ACC1A.jpeg
  • 9D1F2789-5CDC-432B-BD02-2F46C63FFB79.jpeg
  • 370DB21A-1A17-4DFF-8597-3DF715FB838D.jpeg
  • 5F26F793-768D-42D5-ADB8-EFAB1DE0144F.jpeg
16 replies
Mar 28, 2011
980 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
Yea I stuff my patties sometime instead of stuffing the patty in coco bread

I always throw cheese, ketchup, Mayo, mustard and relish in there, sometimes mixed greens and diced tomatoes

Never tried guac so will try sliced avocado next time
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9707 posts
3999 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve done it to make a more filling snack. I find the shell is too delegate to handle too many veggies or any other filling than has too much moisture.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18018 posts
1032 upvotes
This is a Brampton specialty! (lmao).. It's what Mackay's Pizza is famous for since their pizza is really nothing special.. Stuffed Patties. I thought they invented it, tbh as I've never seen it anywhere else. No mixed greens or guac. It's supposed to be shredded iceberg, mayo, cheese! Tomato optional!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18018 posts
1032 upvotes
I can't link the pics for some reason but type in "Mackays Stuffed patties" into Google Images
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46724 posts
9828 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
duckdown wrote: This is a Brampton specialty! (lmao).. It's what Mackay's Pizza is famous for since their pizza is really nothing special.. Stuffed Patties. I thought they invented it, tbh as I've never seen it anywhere else. No mixed greens or guac. It's supposed to be shredded iceberg, mayo, cheese! Tomato optional!
I recall random coffee shops in the 90’s had them when i was a kid. Usually just lettuce, tomato, mayo.
Youre right though. Hard to go wrong with the classic BLT… beef patty lettuce tomato
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17360 posts
4469 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: I recall random coffee shops in the 90’s had them when i was a kid. Usually just lettuce, tomato, mayo.
Youre right though. Hard to go wrong with the classic BLT… beef patty lettuce tomato
The ones in the 90's (Scarborough) that I knew of would literally put an uncut patty on a coco bun and add lettuce, cheese and tomato to that!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11976 posts
1762 upvotes
I cannot believe I have never thought of this....genius.

I am imagining one "taco night" style with iceberg, sour cream, onions, guac
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10435 posts
4542 upvotes
Wow, those look good!

Where do you get the "buns"?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14247 posts
9021 upvotes
Markham
I'm actually considering making from scratch beef patties...Still scratching LOL.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46724 posts
9828 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Gutty96 wrote: Wow, those look good!

Where do you get the "buns"?
Beef patties courtesy of "Patty Time" near Brimley and Lawrence.

Theres a yelp link in OP.
Best patty in Toronto in my opinion. They have a lot more meat filling compared to others.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10435 posts
4542 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Beef patties courtesy of "Patty Time" near Brimley and Lawrence.

Theres a yelp link in OP.
Best patty in Toronto in my opinion. They have a lot more meat filling compared to others.
Wait, did you make them or buy them?

Confused. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9704 posts
1973 upvotes
Toronto
I think it defeats the point of the beef patty for me.
I've had it with coco bread before.
I think it's all ways to apply some sort of filler with cheap ingredients, to make up for the deficiency of the patty or to "stretch" your patty and your dollar .
Let's face it. It is no burger with the already microscopic amounts of beef inside.
What happens is with the already small amount of filling they are putting inside, the taste get's diluted and you hardly taste the seasoned beef itself.