Parenting & Family

Anyone notice a change in Costco Huggies plus diapers recently?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 12:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11362 posts
1392 upvotes

Anyone notice a change in Costco Huggies plus diapers recently?

Been using Huggies plus from Costco for the last 6 my months. Been using size 3 for last two boxes and just got another size 3 and I feel they are noticably different. Little looser and thinner which isn't the end of the world, but there is a lot of this stringy/linty/cottony material that is coming off the outside of the diaper. There was some before, but my baby is pulling out handfuls of this stuff now.

Anyone notice this or am I going crazy?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6885 posts
1306 upvotes
Scarborough
must be cheaping out on manufacturing.......damn is there any ethics still left in these canadian companies ?
Mar 22, 2011
660 posts
197 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Been using Huggies plus from Costco for the last 6 my months. Been using size 3 for last two boxes and just got another size 3 and I feel they are noticably different. Little looser and thinner which isn't the end of the world, but there is a lot of this stringy/linty/cottony material that is coming off the outside of the diaper. There was some before, but my baby is pulling out handfuls of this stuff now.

Anyone notice this or am I going crazy?
That's not normal.
Maybe it's a bad batch? Make a complaint with Costco and they'll pass on the information. And try a different batch of the same diapers. Hopefully the new ones are better.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3479 upvotes
The NORTH
Pampers just changed the number of diapers in thier giant baby dry cases, I assume to save costs. Size 5s dropped down to 120 a case from 140. Maybe Huggies is just cheaping out on product as opposed to dropping case.count?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6885 posts
1306 upvotes
Scarborough
damn 20 diapers is a lot of drop.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3479 upvotes
The NORTH
apnayloags wrote: damn 20 diapers is a lot of drop.
Funny thing was that the only reason I noticed was that Amazon sent me a notice that my subscribe and save item was no longer available, checked and it was my cases of size 5 baby dry. Amazon suggested a different item, a case of size 5 baby dry... Weird but it's happened a couple times in the past when they changed the packaging of a product. But when I checked this time the only difference I could find was a difference in 20 diapers. Check my order history and found my old subscribe and save order for size fours and sure enough the count has dropped on the new ones. Same with everything, package gets smaller, price stays the same...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6885 posts
1306 upvotes
Scarborough
perhaps these 2 companies want to tell people to start using the in-house brands........which are cheaper

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)