Shopping Discussion

Anyone order from Costco.ca online last week or so...delays?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 3:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
2141 posts
1109 upvotes
YVR

Anyone order from Costco.ca online last week or so...delays?

Not sure where to post: but I ordered some small things (coffee) on costco online a few days ago. I still haven't gotten a tracking number. Is this sort of delay normal? First time I've tried them online...thx
Patience comes to those who wait
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5034 posts
2722 upvotes
GTA
Costco Representative here, sorry about the delay but shits real busy around here, will ship out your stuff pronto!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8178 posts
5091 upvotes
Mississauga
I ordered a Greenworks weed wacker on June 19 and got an email on June 25 that it had shipped (the original listing said 7-10 business days so I was impressed!) However, clicking on "Track My Package" just showed that a shipping label had been created. Less than 12 hours later I got another email from Costco saying that due to "overwhelming response for this item" there's a delay in fulfilling the order with no ET to ship.

Almost two weeks on and no update. Not sure what to do at this point.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12649 posts
7774 upvotes
Markham
mrweather wrote: I ordered a Greenworks weed wacker on June 19 and got an email on June 25 that it had shipped (the original listing said 7-10 business days so I was impressed!) However, clicking on "Track My Package" just showed that a shipping label had been created. Less than 12 hours later I got another email from Costco saying that due to "overwhelming response for this item" there's a delay in fulfilling the order with no ET to ship.

So they created label without even having item
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20907 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Costco.ca website says 2 Day Delivery on Groceries is now running 3 - 5 Biz Days. Cannot comment on that, cuz I haven’t ordered any grocery items from them now for over a month
But last time I did, those projections on their website were pretty close (back then it was 10 - 14 days)

Did order from regular merchandise on July 1st for the One Day Canada Day Sale ... and experienced THE BEST turn around time that I’ve had with Costco in over a year. Here’s the post I did about that in a UPS thread:
PointsHubby wrote: Amazing UPS Delivery

Ordered from Costco.ca during their 1 Day Canada Day Promo
Placed my online order shortly before Noon on the first
At the time the ESTIMATED DELIVERY was set for Tuesday ~ July 7th

According to my UPS Tracking info
On July 2nd @ 9:00 PM my label was created
On July 2nd @ 9:30 PM my item was shipped from Concord ON *
Morning of July 3rd it was marked out for delivery
And was in my hands by 3:00 PM

That’s LESS THAN 52 Hours from Order Placement with Costco.ca
And LESS THAN 18 Hours from UPS Label Creation

That’s more like 2019 Shipping ... than anything since Covid hit in March

* Interesting factors
1- This was not a Grocery Item ... so didn’t fit the Costco 2 Day Shipping model
2- This item came to Eastern Ontario by way of Concord ON ... and not Lachine QC ... as has been the case so often in the past few months
3- Very happy it got on a local truck early this AM ... often that doesn’t happen. In which case the Tracking Status would have said ... parcel received @ Local Depot & Delivery Delayed

All in, my Costco.ca order via UPS literally got to me 4 DAYS EARLY

Woohoo
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1391 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Placed an order from Costco.ca on June 30, shipped July 2, delivered July 6.

Much quicker than a month ago!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8097 posts
5087 upvotes
Global Village
Placed an order June 27th, was supposed to arrive by July 2, arrived July 8. Product shipping from BC to ON.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8178 posts
5091 upvotes
Mississauga
mrweather wrote: I ordered a Greenworks weed wacker on June 19 and got an email on June 25 that it had shipped (the original listing said 7-10 business days so I was impressed!) However, clicking on "Track My Package" just showed that a shipping label had been created. Less than 12 hours later I got another email from Costco saying that due to "overwhelming response for this item" there's a delay in fulfilling the order with no ET to ship.

The weed wacker showed up this morning, almost one month to the day I ordered it! Earlier this week I tracked the package again and it said it had been delivered to Purolator's sorting centre in Toronto sometime last week but that final delivery was subject to a "2-3 day delay due to Covid".

I would have expected an email from Costco saying it was on its way but, whatever, it finally arrived.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1878 posts
449 upvotes
shabby wrote: Costco Representative here, sorry about the delay but shits real busy around here, will ship out your stuff pronto!
Why still charging the $3 surcharge for 2 day delivery if you can't deliver on it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5034 posts
2722 upvotes
GTA
doberman_baby wrote: Why still charging the $3 surcharge for 2 day delivery if you can't deliver on it?
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5512 posts
4995 upvotes
Vancouver
doberman_baby wrote: Why still charging the $3 surcharge for 2 day delivery if you can't deliver on it?
Consider it a surcharge for buying items that are very likely in stock at your Costco warehouse.

All the items with a surcharge are marked as "May be available In-Warehouse at a lower non-delivered price."
Sep 14, 2017
90 posts
182 upvotes
Ordered a new monitor on the July 15th at 10 am, they shipped it out same day at about 4 pm, received it July 16th at 10 am. Maybe dependent on product value? :O