None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13419 posts
8779 upvotes
Markham

Anyone Plan To Go To Disney Orlando In March Break

Will you cancel it due to coronavirus? I am debating on this . I have booked flights and resorts. The worst part? I have told my son

Thanks
31 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38189 posts
24376 upvotes
Center of Universe
What's the infection number in the US?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13419 posts
8779 upvotes
Markham
vkizzle wrote: What's the infection number in the US?
Don't want this thread become a debate since we have other thread.

Just want to know other parents decisions.

Might be not exactly Disney, might be other part of US
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38189 posts
24376 upvotes
Center of Universe
smartie wrote: Don't want this thread become a debate since we have other thread.

Just want to know other parents decisions.

Might be not exactly Disney, might be other part of US
Low risk, IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2015
1328 posts
630 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
My neighbour is going (family of 4) and has no plan on cancelling. It should be fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1524 posts
1066 upvotes
Ripley
I have been to Disney on March Break. I wouldn't go because it is Disney....on March Break. Too many people. Parks close when they get to capacity. Nope.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19376 posts
3578 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I'd still go.

I've got a trip to Honalulu and a 10 day cruise from there booked in April. Still going. Bringing my 2 kids, age 3 and 1. The risk is low.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
7444 posts
2382 upvotes
0 downvotes
thats the worst time to go, so busy, so in demand, so expensive, and everyone has march break off i would rather go another time
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2015
1328 posts
630 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Speaking of Disneyworld, if you ever have a trip to Europe coming up, might be worth checking out Disneyland Paris. I know it's not as big as the one in Florida and has maybe less attractions, but you can play around with the different countries you are supposedly from and you will get different prices. I got 35% off my entire trip for booking on the French website and paid $930 for 3 days admission to the parks and 2 nights stay on site. I believe something comparable in Disneyworld was around $2000 last time I checked.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7601 posts
3382 upvotes
Not March break in the US...
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18112 posts
9171 upvotes
I wouldn't change my plans to Orlando based on fears of the Coronavirus. It's not just a low risk, it's an extremely low risk.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1568 posts
2323 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: I wouldn't change my plans to Orlando based on fears of the Coronavirus. It's not just a low risk, it's an extremely low risk.
I would love to hear how you were able to downgrade the risk from ‘Low’ to ‘EXTREMELY Low’ for Orlando.
How did you determine this? Neutral Face
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18112 posts
9171 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: I would love to hear how you were able to downgrade the risk from ‘Low’ to ‘EXTREMELY Low’ for Orlando.
How did you determine this? Neutral Face
Another poster mentioned it's a low risk. I merely said it's not low, it's extremely low.

Take a look at our current mappings for the infections. North America is currently doing very well and many other countries are being protective by quarantining and such. While we will undoubtedly see more cases in North American it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Follow basic personal hygiene - that's what is needed.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10138 posts
4417 upvotes
Vaughan
ckay1980 wrote: Speaking of Disneyworld, if you ever have a trip to Europe coming up, might be worth checking out Disneyland Paris. I know it's not as big as the one in Florida and has maybe less attractions, but you can play around with the different countries you are supposedly from and you will get different prices. I got 35% off my entire trip for booking on the French website and paid $930 for 3 days admission to the parks and 2 nights stay on site. I believe something comparable in Disneyworld was around $2000 last time I checked.
Been to both. Paris one is much smaller than Orlando one. I would recommend to save money for Orlando.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13419 posts
8779 upvotes
Markham
TrevorK wrote: Another poster mentioned it's a low risk. I merely said it's not low, it's extremely low.

Take a look at our current mappings for the infections. North America is currently doing very well and many other countries are being protective by quarantining and such. While we will undoubtedly see more cases in North American it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Follow basic personal hygiene - that's what is needed.
Thanks

I actually more worried flights. You never know who has viruses. Might be the person sitting next to you
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1524 posts
1066 upvotes
Ripley
smartie wrote: Thanks

I actually more worried flights. You never know who has viruses. Might be the person sitting next to you
The person who uses the shopping cart before you might be sick. You can get germs from anything you and other people touch.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1532 posts
1148 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm more worried about diseases carried by mosquitoes down south like Yellow Fever, dengue fever, malaria etc...
Most individuals will recover from Corona Virus
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38189 posts
24376 upvotes
Center of Universe
smartie wrote: Thanks

You have every right to take all precautions for your kids.
Though I feel the risk is low, especially when it's a direct from YYZ, the decision is all yours alone.
Aug 24, 2005
44 posts
98 upvotes
I dont see how the risk of contraction is greater in Orlando vs Markham (op's place of residence).
What would you do if you stayed in Markham over the March break?
Sending Your child to camp / daycare is much more risky than an airplane ride.

Go, have a blast !!
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11575 posts
3969 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was at disney land at christmas.....omg the horror of it all its like being stuck shopping on christmas eve and there is only one mall for the whole world.

They say the best day is superbowl.

Disney has no lines and you each carry a bottle of hand sanitizer. GAME ON!

Hell you could fly there on friday return on sunday and do all disney in weekend with no lines that would normally take a week! Hey kids...were not just going to disney land but were going to experience it euro disney style.

Just to be safe remember to park close to the exit!

I'd go but i just booked a cruise....some crazy deals right now!!! LOL