• Dec 5th, 2019 6:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1378 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto

Anyone purchase square one gift card?

Thinking of purchasing $50 gift card for my boss for Square one. I remember mentioning she said that’s her favourite store.

These gift cards can be purchased through concierge.

Is there any fees I need pay? Transaction fees? I hate visa gift cards as how they add fees on top.
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
So far I've had no fees on top of my Square One gift cards. I think they said that actual, physical card expires after something like 5 years (I forget the actual number of years) but then you can transfer your amount to another card that can scan. The only "downside" is that some stores in Square One don't accept the gift card. There's a list on their website that has who accepts/doesn't accept gift cards. Some that don't make sense (like banks) but others are a bit annoying, like some food places.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6905 posts
6333 upvotes
Toronto
ysl5710 wrote: Thinking of purchasing $50 gift card for my boss for Square one. I remember mentioning she said that’s her favourite store.

These gift cards can be purchased through concierge.

Is there any fees I need pay? Transaction fees? I hate visa gift cards as how they add fees on top.
What did the official Square One gift card webpage said?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2735 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
Some stores do not accept it because it is AMEX based card, if the store or restaurant accept AMEX you should be good. This is based on my experience a few years ago so it might have changed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8643 posts
2565 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it a good idea to give a gift card to the boss so they can see how much you spent on them?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1378 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
$50 gift card is good cmholiday gift card.