Shopping Discussion

anyone satisify their Cierco 17" LCD from FS???!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2004 1:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 10, 2003
128 posts
5 upvotes

anyone satisify their Cierco 17" LCD from FS???!

this LCD sux, i got 2 of these on boxing day, one with two dead pixel on the side and backlight is not balanced, the upper part is darker, then the other one is a dead pixel right in the middle and again, the backlight is not balanced, both side are too bright, you can actually see white light comes from the edge of each side, and the upper part again is dimmer... SUX!!

I wrote a review of this product on FS website, but they never put my comment on their website..

good luck for the rest of the buyer!!
10 replies
[OP]
Aug 10, 2003
128 posts
5 upvotes
the cicero 17" LCD was $249.99 and no rebate required... sigh.. i don't trust this brand anymore..
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1098 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
cant you return it
CoNtRaCtOr
Oct 24, 2004
291 posts
i recommend BenQ 757-16. Just got mine few days ago for $350 before the $50 Mail in rebate. It looked great and got a sleek design. so just go check it out.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4795 posts
849 upvotes
why the heck would you buy a FS brand LCD?

step up to either a Samsung or BenQ
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10006 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
bluetroll wrote:why the heck would you buy a FS brand LCD?

step up to either a Samsung or BenQ
take the samsung... it looks much sharper and brighter colours then benq's
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11396 posts
4506 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
The industry standard for lcd screens states up to 8 dead pixels is acceptable for a new monitor :-0 Most stores will let you exchange for a new one though. I bought a refurbished 15" NEC LCD1545V from <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28 target=_blank>NCIX</a> a few years ago, and got 1 dead pixel. Barely noticeable on bootup with black background,and still works very well.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3111 posts
192 upvotes
I got the nec lcd1765 when it was on sale refurbished... got one from CC and another from FS the CC one had 1 dead pixel the FS didnt so i kept the FS one. The white was not ballenced also but i believe i installed some software that fixed that. Plus it wasnt the noticiable anyways only when you stand above the LCD. Id say return that and find your self a quality brand LCD on sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
2515 posts
116 upvotes
You know there's probably a reason it was on sale. :lol: